IMPRESS ICONS USE CLARIFICATION

Mirco Busetto
Good morning,

I wish to receive a clarification because I have searched for this information but I have not found it.
I understand that it is possible to use Gallery Impress icons to create a logo (such as arrows, symbols, etc.). My doubt is whether it is possible to make commercial use of it: as an example it is the creation of a logo and the subsequent registration of the trademark to prevent it from being copied (more the name than the image) and subsequently a safer use from the point of view visibility (not mandatory commercial use).

Thanks in advance

Mirco Busetto

RE: IMPRESS ICONS USE CLARIFICATION

Jörg Schmidt-2
hello,

If the icons (graphics etc.) are part of the installation package, they are
subject to the Apache license (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)
and you can use or change them commercially and make some of your own logos in
accordance with the license.

Because this use also imposes obligations on you (see "4. Redistribution" in
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html) I would ask myself if this is a
good idea in the special case of a trademark.

greetings,
Jörg

R: IMPRESS ICONS USE CLARIFICATION

Mirco Busetto
Good morning Joerg,

thank you very much for the fast answer.
I took a quick look and today I will read it more calmly, especially point 4.
Last part of the page including code is very important for applying with the license.

Have a nice day

Mirco Busetto