IOS Catalina

Trine Marie Hovind
Hello!

How can I get my mac to cooperate with Open Office? After upgrading to Catalina it does not work anymore.

Kind regards

Trine Marie Hovind

Re: IOS Catalina

chuck ef
When I upgraded to Catalina, OO worked fine. What version of OS did you migrate from? What version of OO are you using? When you say “not working,” describe what is happening.

Again, OO works fine on Catalina on my 2017 iMac.

________________________________

Re: IOS Catalina

David Belina-2
The older OO versions are 32-bit where’s Apple is forcing only 64-bit apps Catalina.  You have to download the latest version of OO from here and install it.  You won’t loose your files.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Choose the  “mac X (version >= 10.7 (DMG)”   it’s the top one with the DMG language.  It’s 64-bit to satisfy Apple.

Dave B.

On January 8, 2020 at 7:51:10 AM, chuck ef ([hidden email]) wrote:

When I upgraded to Catalina, OO worked fine. What version of OS did you migrate from? What version of OO are you using? When you say “not working,” describe what is happening.

Again, OO works fine on Catalina on my 2017 iMac.

Re: IOS Catalina

Dan Lewis
One possibility is that you have been using a 32 bit version of Open
Office. Catalina is 64 bit only. If this is the problem, you need to
download the latest version of Open Office and install it. The other
likely problem is Apple's Gatekeeper system. Someone else will have to
help you with this. (There is a website that explains how to modify
Gatekeeper to allow your Mac to install and use Open Office.

Dan