Icons

Randy Fornoff
Hello, A couple of days ago I downloaded and installed Open Office. Since then I have numerious icons on my desktop. Do they need to be there or can they be compressed until needed. Please advise. Thank nyou.

Re: Icons

Alan Boba-2
Since you've installed OpenOffice the icons (either shortcuts or actual
files) don't need to be there.

The OpenOffice program shortcuts can be found in the Start menu.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Icons

Steven Ahlers
Randy,

Where did you download ApacheOpenOffice from?

What are the icons?

How many icons are there?

Sent from my iPhone

>> On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 6:09 PM Randy Fornoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, A couple of days ago I downloaded and installed Open Office. Since
>> then I have numerious icons on my desktop. Do they need to be there or can
>> they be compressed until needed. Please advise. Thank nyou.
>>
>> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
>> Windows 10

Re: Icons

Steven Ahlers
Randy,

It sounds as though you’ve downloaded from a site that is not the official site. You should go back on your timeline before you downloaded this bundle of software.

Then go to:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
the official site to download the software. When you start the download you will be redirected to a Source Forge site that is the mirror site that hosts the download install. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY BUTTONS ON THIS SITE. This will download the exe file to install OpenOffice which will give you the one icon to start the program. Once the program is installed you can delete the install exe file.

Please respond to:
[hidden email]
so that all users can help you.

Sent from my iPhone