Implementing Document Restrictions in Star Office and Open Office

Implementing Document Restrictions in Star Office and Open Office

Valden Longhurst
After talking with Malte Timmermann from Sun, he mentioned I might want
to bring my ideas to this group.  Is this the correct group for this idea?

Attached is a PDF on how we can use both symmetric and asymmetric
encryption--WITHOUT using a Rights Management or Licensing server to
enforce business-justified document restrictions.  My possible solution
involves what is called the "digital envelope" or "cryptolope."

Re: Implementing Document Restrictions in Star Office and Open Office

Mathias Bauer
Hi Valden,

Valden Longhurst wrote:

> After talking with Malte Timmermann from Sun, he mentioned I might want
> to bring my ideas to this group.  Is this the correct group for this idea?
>
> Attached is a PDF on how we can use both symmetric and asymmetric
> encryption--WITHOUT using a Rights Management or Licensing server to
> enforce business-justified document restrictions.  My possible solution
> involves what is called the "digital envelope" or "cryptolope."

Unfortunately the PDF didn't make it because attachments are stripped on
the server. Perhaps you have some web space at hand where you can put it
and post a link?

In case you don't have some you can send me the PDF (please use my Sun
e-mail address: [hidden email]) and I will deposit it somewhere
on the OOo pages to give us a start for discussions.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [hidden email] is a spam sink.

Re: Implementing Document Restrictions in Star Office and Open Office

Tom Schindl
Why not simply creating a Issue and attaching the document and posting
the IT-ID ;-)