Important: Please Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements.

Important: Please Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements.

David Wilson-7
Bibliographic Project List members,

One of the ways the OpenOffice developers access the importance of fixed and
enhancements to OpenOffice is through project members voting on the issue
voting system. I raised this issue some time ago but it is worth raising
again.

I have just checked the current list of votes on issues, this query list all
issues with more than 20 votes. You see this list using this very long URL-

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/buglist.cgi?resort=1&issue_status=NEW;issue_status=STARTED;issue_status=REOPENED;email1=;emailtype1=exact;emailassigned_to1=1;email2=;emailtype2=exact;emailreporter2=1;issueidtype=include;issue_id=;changedin=;votes=20;chfieldfrom=;chfieldto=Now;chfieldvalue=;short_desc=;short_desc_type=substring;long_desc=;long_desc_type=substring;issue_file_loc=;issue_file_loc_type=substring;status_whiteboard=;status_whiteboard_type=substring;keywords=;keywords_type=anytokens;field0-0-0=noop;type0-0-0=noop;value0-0-0=;newqueryname=;Submit%20query=Submit%20query&order=issues.votes%20desc%2C%20issues.priority%2C%20issues.issue_type

The issue with the highest vote is 'allow import of SVG (Scalable Vector
Graphics)' with 317 votes. The bibliographic enhancement issue 'Proposals for
Bibliographic facility enhancements.'  has only 21 votes!

Each user has five votes to allocate. I urge every one on these lists to
allocate one or all of their votes to the issue 4260 'Proposals for
Bibliographic facility enhancements.'

To vote is easy, you just go to the OpenOffice site
http://www.openoffice.org
Click on the 'My Pages' tab and login in with your username and password.

and then got to the voting page for that issue -

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/showvotes.cgi?voteon=4260

and enter the number of votes  1-5 you would like to allocate to  'Proposals
for Bibliographic facility enhancements.' in the text box next to that issue.
Click on the 'Submit" button at the bottom of that page.

If everyone on the mailing lists does this we should boost our vote the top of
the issue list.

regards

David

Re: [dev-biblio] Important: Please Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements.

Bruce D'Arcus

On Jun 24, 2006, at 7:21 PM, David Wilson wrote:

> and enter the number of votes  1-5 you would like to allocate to
> 'Proposals
> for Bibliographic facility enhancements.' in the text box next to that
> issue.
> Click on the 'Submit" button at the bottom of that page.

I just did this, but note: you can only assign up to 2 votes for any
one issue. Can we split that into two issues?

Bruce

Re: [dev-biblio] Important: Please Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements.

Bruce D'Arcus

On Jun 24, 2006, at 7:21 PM, David Wilson wrote:

> If everyone on the mailing lists does this we should boost our vote
> the top of
> the issue list.

In any case, right now, we're near the bottom of the list. I think it
ought to be our goal to be near the top; say above 100. So let's make
it happen!

Bruce

On Jun 24, 2006, at 10:33 PM, Matthew Yates wrote:

> I added my two votes.

Great; we're now at 51.

Bruce

Re: Re: [dev-biblio] Important: Please Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements.

patricios1 Calderon
me too, add 2 more, now 53.

Patricio
  On Jun 24, 2006, at 10:33 PM, Matthew Yates wrote:

  > I added my two votes.

  Great; we're now at 51.

  Bruce

  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Re: [dev-biblio] Important: Please Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements.

DENNIS FRESHWATER
Yep, added my 2 votes as well.

  Dennis Freshwater

patricios1 Calderon <[hidden email]> wrote:
  me too, add 2 more, now 53.

Patricio
On Jun 24, 2006, at 10:33 PM, Matthew Yates wrote:

> I added my two votes.

Great; we're now at 51.

Bruce

Re: Important: Please Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements.

David Aveiro
Me too plus 2 :)

We already got 74!!

Come on rest of the people, let's keep on with the wave of votes to make
these enhancements a reality! :)

David

DENNIS FRESHWATER wrote:

> Yep, added my 2 votes as well.
>
>   Dennis Freshwater
>
> patricios1 Calderon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   me too, add 2 more, now 53.
>
> Patricio

The Vote for Bibliographic Enhancements

David Wilson-7
Bibliographic List Members,

I would like to thank the list members who voted. The vote count now 94 and
Bibliographic Enhancement is now 8th highest ranking Feature or Enhancment in
the issues list. This should help to raise our profile in the scheduling of
development activities.

To see the current ranking of projects with over 70 votes you can use this
very long URL -

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/buglist.cgi?issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=70&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=substring&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=substring&keywords=&keywords_type=anytokens&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&Submit+query=Submit+query

regards

David