Impress missing bullets under Solaris 8

Matthew Stier
I am trying to identify a very minor problem with Impress on my Solaris
8 workstations.

Like most companies, the company I work for has their own Powerpoint
template, to give all presentations, a standard "company" field.

I can import my companies template into my Windows 2000 laptop running
OpenOffice 2.0 without problem.  However, if I import it into OpenOffice
2.0 on my Solaris 8 workstation, I only get bullet outlines.  On a
positive side however, if I create a presentation on my Solaris 8
workstations, and move it to my laptop, the bullets re-appear.

A couple of side points, at my site, everyone runs CDE, and only those
components of Gnome needed to run
OpenOffice/Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Acroread are actually loaded on
the systems.

SUNWlibpopt-share
SUNWlibpopt
SUNWgnome-base-libs-root
SUNWgnome-base-libs-share
SUNWgnome-base-libs

--
Matthew Lee Stier                 *  Fujitsu Network Communications
Unix Systems Administrator        |  Two Blue Hill Plaza

Re: Impress missing bullets under Solaris 8

CPHennessy
On Mon November 21 2005 14:10, Matthew Stier wrote:

> I am trying to identify a very minor problem with Impress on my Solaris
> 8 workstations.
>
> Like most companies, the company I work for has their own Powerpoint
> template, to give all presentations, a standard "company" field.
>
> I can import my companies template into my Windows 2000 laptop running
> OpenOffice 2.0 without problem.  However, if I import it into OpenOffice
> 2.0 on my Solaris 8 workstation, I only get bullet outlines.  On a
> positive side however, if I create a presentation on my Solaris 8
> workstations, and move it to my laptop, the bullets re-appear.

This sounds like you do not have the OpenSymbols font installed (or at least I
think that it is called OpenSymbols).

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Impress missing bullets under Solaris 8

Matthew Stier
I assume you are referring to /opt/openoffice.org2.0/share/fonts/truetype/opens___.ttf.

Are there any special actions I am suppose to take install these?� The (nearly) non-existant did not cover font installation.

On Fri November 25 2005 22:22, Matthew Stier wrote:

> I assume you are referring to
> /opt/openoffice.org2.0/share/fonts/truetype/opens___.ttf.
>
> Are there any special actions I am suppose to take install these?  The
> (nearly) non-existant did not cover font installation.
>
> CPHennessy wrote:
> >On Mon November 21 2005 14:10, Matthew Stier wrote:
> >>I am trying to identify a very minor problem with Impress on my Solaris
> >>8 workstations.
> >>
> >>Like most companies, the company I work for has their own Powerpoint
> >>template, to give all presentations, a standard "company" field.
> >>
> >>I can import my companies template into my Windows 2000 laptop running
> >>OpenOffice 2.0 without problem.  However, if I import it into OpenOffice
> >>2.0 on my Solaris 8 workstation, I only get bullet outlines.  On a
> >>positive side however, if I create a presentation on my Solaris 8
> >>workstations, and move it to my laptop, the bullets re-appear.
> >
> >This sounds like you do not have the OpenSymbols font installed (or at
> > least I think that it is called OpenSymbols).

Placing that opens__.ttf file in the same directory on your Solaris machine
may solve the problem.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Impress missing bullets under Solaris 8

Matthew Stier
What directory?

Any files to be modified?

On Mon November 28 2005 04:07, Matthew Stier wrote:
> What directory?
>
> Any files to be modified?
>
> CPHennessy wrote:
> >Placing that opens__.ttf file in the same directory on your Solaris
> > machine may solve the problem.

Hi,
 Try using "File" -> "Wizard" -> "Install Font".

CPHennessy wrote:

Placing that opens__.ttf file in the same directory on your Solaris
machine may solve the problem.

Hi,
 Try using "File" -> "Wizard" -> "Install Font".

Fonts selected and installed.

Still a no-go.

On Tue November 29 2005 16:20, Matthew Stier wrote:

> CPHennessy wrote:
> >On Mon November 28 2005 04:07, Matthew Stier wrote:
> >>What directory?
> >>
> >>Any files to be modified?

> >Hi,
> > Try using "File" -> "Wizard" -> "Install Font".
>
> Fonts selected and installed.
>
> Still a no-go.

And were you able to verify that the font was installed ?