Improving OpenOffice

Ross-14
Hello,

My name is Ross and I am a college student currently studying for a MEng
in Electronic Systems. In partial fulfilment of this qualification I
must complete an extensive project.

The goal of the project is to make OpenOffice usable by non-technical
authors so that they can easily produce web content in accessible form.

The project aims to improve and streamline information access for users
with disabilities. If the information is authored in accordance with the
"Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" then it will inter-operate easily
and effectively with a wide variety of assistive technologies used by
people with various disabilities.

I am required to:
•       Review/critique the existing capabilities or limitations of
OpenOffice for authoring of accessible content.

•       Propose specific extensions or revisions to improve the use of
OpenOffice in developing accessible content.

•       Develop and implement these extensions or revisions.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me to get started.

Kind regards,
Ross

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web

Re: Improving OpenOffice

Eike Rathke
Hi Ross,

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 06:21:11 +0100, Ross wrote:

> [... accessibility ...]
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me to get started.

There's an UI subproject for OOo accessibility, see
http://ui.openoffice.org/accessibility/
you'll also find an archive and a subscription address for the UI
mailing list.

  Eike

P.S.: As you're not subscribed to the mailing list you were posting to,
you will miss replies that are directed to the list only. When answering,
please reply only to the list (Reply-To header is set), not to my
personal account. Thanks.

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD