Inability to access pdf

Donald L. Finch
I recently reinstalled Open Office in my computer after a reset. A pdf message was sent to me today which I could not read and I clicked on an Open Office alternative, but still couldn’t unblur the document and read it. These pdf files have been available to me in the past. Do I need to delete and re-install Open Office?

Donald L. Finch
Ventura, California

Re: Inability to access pdf

Howard Blum
Have you tried using Adobe Acrobat, the free version? Ifthat does not work
then problem is likely with the file itself and not the application

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018, 2:31 PM Donald L. Finch <[hidden email]
wrote:

> I recently reinstalled Open Office in my computer after a reset. A pdf
> message was sent to me today which I could not read and I clicked on an
> Open Office alternative, but still couldn’t unblur the document and read
> it. These pdf files have been available to me in the past. Do I need to
> delete and re-install Open Office?
>
> Donald L. Finch
> Ventura, California
>
> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
> Windows 10

Inability to access pdf

Keith N. McKenna
On 10/31/2018 5:26 PM, Donald L. Finch wrote:
> I recently reinstalled Open Office in my computer after a reset. A pdf message was sent to me today which I could not read and I clicked on an Open Office alternative, but still couldn’t unblur the document and read it. These pdf files have been available to me in the past. Do I need to delete and re-install Open Office?
>
> Donald L. Finch
> Ventura, California

Donald;

Apache OpenOffice (AOO) does not and never has natively opened PDF
files. It has always required an extension. The extension for the latest
extension can be obtained at the following
link:https://www.arielch.org/aoo/aoo-pdf-import/.

If all you need is to be able to read the PDF's than any of the
available free PDF readers may well be the best route to take.

Please reply only to the list at mailto:[hidden email] and
not my personal e-mail. All replies to my personal e-mail will be
construed as permission to forward to the list address.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna