Including PDF import in installation set

Including PDF import in installation set

Alan Yaniger
Hi list-members,

I'm trying to add the PDF import extension to my Windows build of OOo 3.1.

I tried to follow the instructions at :
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Integration_into_Installation_Set

But the installation hangs at the end. Task Manager shows that it's
hanging on the process unpkg.bin.

Below are the changes I made to the source tree. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alan

In file_ooo.scp:
File gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport
   TXT_FILE_BODY;
   Styles = (PACKED);
   Dir = gid_Brand_Dir_Share_Extension_Install;
   Name = "pdfimport/pdfimport.oxt";
End

In module_hidden.scp:
Module gid_Module_Optional_PDFImport
        Name = "gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport";
        Description = "gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport";
        ParentID = gid_Module_Optional;
        Default=YES;
        Files = (gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport);
End

Re: Including PDF import in installation set

KAMI911
Hi!

This caused because that extension request to accept the license. This
leads hung up situation during silent installation. Try to remove
license request.

KAMI

Alan Yaniger írta:

> Hi list-members,
>

> I'm trying to add the PDF import extension to my Windows build of OOo
> 3.1.
>
> I tried to follow the instructions at :
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Integration_into_Installation_Set
>

> But the installation hangs at the end. Task Manager shows that it's
> hanging on the process unpkg.bin.
>
> Below are the changes I made to the source tree. What am I doing wrong?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan
>
> In file_ooo.scp:
> File gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport
>   TXT_FILE_BODY;
>   Styles = (PACKED);
>   Dir = gid_Brand_Dir_Share_Extension_Install;
>   Name = "pdfimport/pdfimport.oxt";
> End
>
> In module_hidden.scp:
> Module gid_Module_Optional_PDFImport
>        Name = "gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport";
>        Description = "gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport";
>        ParentID = gid_Module_Optional;
>        Default=YES;
>        Files = (gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport);
> End

Re: Including PDF import in installation set

Alan Yaniger
Hi KAMI,

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure how to implement it, though. I'm
looking at the PDF importer's description.xml, in the "registration"
node, under <simple-license> and the property "accept-by" is "admin".
This requires acceptance of the license upon installation.

From:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Description_of_XML_Elements#Element_.2Fdescription.2Fregistration

it appears that the only other option for this property is "user", which
requires acceptance not only by the installer, but by each new user.

So I don't know how to simply install the extension without the need for
accepting the license. I'm looking for a away to avoid agreement to the
license for the extension, and have the agreement to the license for OOo
also include acceptance of the license for the PDF importer.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Alan

Kálmán KAMI Szalai wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This caused because that extension request to accept the license. This
> leads hung up situation during silent installation. Try to remove
> license request.
>

> KAMI
>
> Alan Yaniger írta:
>
>> Hi list-members,
>>

>> I'm trying to add the PDF import extension to my Windows build of OOo
>> 3.1.
>>
>> I tried to follow the instructions at :
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Integration_into_Installation_Set
>>

>> But the installation hangs at the end. Task Manager shows that it's
>> hanging on the process unpkg.bin.
>>
>> Below are the changes I made to the source tree. What am I doing wrong?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alan
>>
>> In file_ooo.scp:
>> File gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport
>>   TXT_FILE_BODY;
>>   Styles = (PACKED);
>>   Dir = gid_Brand_Dir_Share_Extension_Install;
>>   Name = "pdfimport/pdfimport.oxt";
>> End
>>
>> In module_hidden.scp:
>> Module gid_Module_Optional_PDFImport
>>        Name = "gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport";
>>        Description = "gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport";
>>        ParentID = gid_Module_Optional;
>>        Default=YES;
>>        Files = (gid_File_Oxt_pdfimport);
>> End

Re: Including PDF import in installation set

Alan Yaniger
Hi KAMI,

Thanks, I worked it out.

Alan