Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

Where can I get the information which (old) OOo/AOO versions were compiled against which concrete version of MS Visual Studio?

The reason of my question is the current problems with Windows 10 and KB4343909, for example reported in:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690
I hope to be able to select a suitable version of OpenOffice Portable that is immune to problems with KB4343909 by knowing version information (about the MS Visual Studio Version).

greetings,
Jörg

Re: Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi,

We use Microsoft's Visual C++ 2008 SP1 for building current builds. Damjan has put some work in 4.2.0 so we can build with a newer Version ( I think it was 2015, but I am unsure) I think. There is a mail in archive.
I think your Idea is best tested with 4.2.0. We could then think if backport to 4.1.6 is an option.

The current requirements you find on
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows

Am 14. September 2018 09:33:35 MESZ schrieb "Jörg Schmidt" <[hidden email]>:

>Hello,
>
>Where can I get the information which (old) OOo/AOO versions were
>compiled against which concrete version of MS Visual Studio?
>
>The reason of my question is the current problems with Windows 10 and
>KB4343909, for example reported in:
>https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690
>I hope to be able to select a suitable version of OpenOffice Portable
>that is immune to problems with KB4343909 by knowing version
>information (about the MS Visual Studio Version).
>

>greetings,
>Jörg

Re: Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jörg,

I can only speak for version 4.1.4 and 4.1.5, but those were built with
MS Visual C++ Compilers 2008 Standard Edition:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.4/wntmsci/ReadMe.txt
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.5/wntmsci/ReadMe.txt

No changes for AOO 4.1.6 planned.

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 14.09.2018 um 09:33 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

> Hello,
>
> Where can I get the information which (old) OOo/AOO versions were compiled against which concrete version of MS Visual Studio?
>
> The reason of my question is the current problems with Windows 10 and KB4343909, for example reported in:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690
> I hope to be able to select a suitable version of OpenOffice Portable that is immune to problems with KB4343909 by knowing version information (about the MS Visual Studio Version).
>

> greetings,
> Jörg

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

RE: Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie)
Thought I saw in another email that JAVA was sometimes used. True?

I can only speak for version 4.1.4 and 4.1.5, but those were built with
MS Visual C++ Compilers 2008 Standard Edition:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.4/wntmsci/ReadMe.txt
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.5/wntmsci/ReadMe.txt

No changes for AOO 4.1.6 planned.

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 14.09.2018 um 09:33 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

> Hello,
>
> Where can I get the information which (old) OOo/AOO versions were compiled against which concrete version of MS Visual Studio?
>
> The reason of my question is the current problems with Windows 10 and KB4343909, for example reported in:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690
> I hope to be able to select a suitable version of OpenOffice Portable that is immune to problems with KB4343909 by knowing version information (about the MS Visual Studio Version).
>

> greetings,
> Jörg

Re: Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Peter Kovacs-3
Yes. On the 4.1.x series we are on Java 1.8. the 4.2.0 Series will
support 1.9. Java is optional, but you would loose features.

We also have some code that is written in Python I think. I think we use
perl only in the build environment but I am not sure of this.