Insert a column

Alan-2
I am use open office 4.1.5. I am trying to insert a column by either right clicking or using the insert on the address bar. In either case this is the message that keeps popping up “ fill cells can not be shifted beyond the sheet” I tried the open office forum, but I couldn’t find how or where to post it. Very difficult to work with the open office forum.

Thank you

Re: Insert a column

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 10:55:10 -0400
Alan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am use open office 4.1.5. I am trying to insert a column by either right clicking or using the insert on the address bar. In either case this is the message that keeps popping up “ fill cells can not be shifted beyond the sheet” I tried the open office forum, but I couldn’t find how or where to post it. Very difficult to work with the open office forum.

You have already had a reply on the OO Forum, looking for more information.  To find your post and any replies all you need do is log onto the forum and click on "view your posts" about 1/3 way from left on  the top blue banner.
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Insert a column

Tom-3

Highlight the column next to where you want to insert by clicking on the letter at the top of the column; then got to the Insert menu and click on Column. If you want to insert more than 1 adjacent column then highlight more than 1 column to start.

>I am use open office 4.1.5. I am trying to insert a column by either right clicking or using the insert on the address bar. In either case this is the message that keeps popping up “ fill cells can not be shifted beyond the sheet” I tried the open office forum, but I couldn’t find how or where to post it. Very difficult to work with the open office forum.
>
>Thank you

Re: Insert a column

Alan Boba-2
Alan,
All your columns, all 1,024 of them, or at least the 1,024th column have
something in them. Inserting a column would "push" the last column and its
data off the spreadsheet.

Modify your spreadsheet so there is nothing in column AMJ and you will once
again be able to insert a column or columns.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 11:41 AM Alan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am use open office 4.1.5. I am trying to insert a column by either right
> clicking or using the insert on the address bar. In either case this is the
> message that keeps popping up “ fill cells can not be shifted beyond the
> sheet” I tried the open office forum, but I couldn’t find how or where to
> post it. Very difficult to work with the open office forum.
>
> Thank you

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011