Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

WA.TWORSX via AOL

Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.

I am using this URL:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
.  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
again, and it seemed to continue.

However, there is no desktop shortcut  for 4.1.3; a desktop shortcut for
4.1.2 remains.

There was an error message saying ... Installation was interrupted. Your
computer was not revised. ...I suspect that the installation went into
an incorrect folder; should it be Programs x86 ?

Into which folder, precisely, should it be located.

Please advise.

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

Andrea Vt
Am 08.02.2017 um 18:17 schrieb VinceB.:

> Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
> 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
> sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
>
> I am using this URL:
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
> .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
> again, and it seemed to continue.

The link works fine for me ...

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

jd1008
The precise link to the download is:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/latest/download?source=top3_dlp_t5

On 02/08/2017 10:52 AM, Andrea wrote:

> Am 08.02.2017 um 18:17 schrieb VinceB.:
>>
>> Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
>> 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
>> sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
>>
>> I am using this URL:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
>>
>> .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
>> again, and it seemed to continue.
>
> The link works fine for me ...

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 18:52:33 +0100
Andrea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 08.02.2017 um 18:17 schrieb VinceB.:
> >
> > Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
> > 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
> > sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
> >
> > I am using this URL:
> > http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
> > .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
> > again, and it seemed to continue.
>
> The link works fine for me ...

Also for me, just now tested.  The file should be in the Downloads directory used by your browser.  Double click on it to install.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 11:00:22 -0700
JD <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The precise link to the download is:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/latest/download?source=top3_dlp_t5
>
> On 02/08/2017 10:52 AM, Andrea wrote:
> > Am 08.02.2017 um 18:17 schrieb VinceB.:
> >>
> >> Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
> >> 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
> >> sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
> >>
> >> I am using this URL:
> >> http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
> >>
> >> .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
> >> again, and it seemed to continue.
> >
> > The link works fine for me ...

Your fuller link also works, but is downloading the version for linux RPM, which suggests you have not made a selection from the dropdowns on the green version selector bars.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

On 2/8/2017 12:52 PM, Andrea wrote:

> Am 08.02.2017 um 18:17 schrieb VinceB.:
>>
>> Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
>> 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
>> sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
>>
>> I am using this URL:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
>>
>> .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
>> again, and it seemed to continue.
>
> The link works fine for me ...

I should not have included "/Downloaded" in the Subject line of my OP.

The link also, eventually, worked for me.  I find the downloaded files
in a sub-subfolder on my Desktop folder, /i.e./, equivalent to the
Download folder.
I believe that during the *installation wizard* process, the folder
pointed to was incorrect.

What I mean to be asking is:
Into which folder should the executable, soffice.exe, for version 4.1.3
be found?
Shouldn't it have overwritten the location of the 4.1.2 soffice.exe,
which is found at: /This PC\OS(C:)\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice
4\program /. I think that the Installation Wizard should have pointed to
the aforementioned location.

I am doing a search now for /soffice.exe /on /This PC / to see where the
executable for 4.1.3 might be located. taking forever to finish !

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

jd1008
One thought: when installing, do you have Administrator privs?

On 02/08/2017 11:56 AM, VinceB. wrote:

> On 2/8/2017 12:52 PM, Andrea wrote:
>> Am 08.02.2017 um 18:17 schrieb VinceB.:
>>>
>>> Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
>>> 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
>>> sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
>>>
>>> I am using this URL:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
>>>
>>> .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
>>> again, and it seemed to continue.
>>
>> The link works fine for me ...
>>

> I should not have included "/Downloaded" in the Subject line of my OP.
>
> The link also, eventually, worked for me.  I find the downloaded files
> in a sub-subfolder on my Desktop folder, /i.e./, equivalent to the
> Download folder.
> I believe that during the *installation wizard* process, the folder
> pointed to was incorrect.
>
> What I mean to be asking is:
> Into which folder should the executable, soffice.exe, for version
> 4.1.3 be found?
> Shouldn't it have overwritten the location of the 4.1.2 soffice.exe,
> which is found at: /This PC\OS(C:)\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice
> 4\program /. I think that the Installation Wizard should have pointed
> to the aforementioned location.
>
> I am doing a search now for /soffice.exe /on /This PC / to see where
> the executable for 4.1.3 might be located. taking forever to finish !

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

WA.TWORSX via AOL
Yes.

On 2/8/2017 2:19 PM, JD wrote:

> One thought: when installing, do you have Administrator privs?
>
> On 02/08/2017 11:56 AM, VinceB. wrote:

>>> The link works fine for me ...
>>>

>> I should not have included "/Downloaded" in the Subject line of my OP.
>>
>> The link also, eventually, worked for me.  I find the downloaded
>> files in a sub-subfolder on my Desktop folder, /i.e./, equivalent to
>> the Download folder.
>> I believe that during the *installation wizard* process, the folder
>> pointed to was incorrect.
>>
>> What I mean to be asking is:
>> Into which folder should the executable, soffice.exe, for version
>> 4.1.3 be found?
>> Shouldn't it have overwritten the location of the 4.1.2 soffice.exe,
>> which is found at: /This PC\OS(C:)\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice
>> 4\program /. I think that the Installation Wizard should have pointed
>> to the aforementioned location.
>>
>> I am doing a search now for /soffice.exe /on /This PC / to see where
>> the executable for 4.1.3 might be located. taking forever to finish !

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

WA.TWORSX via AOL
Problem solved.  TNX for your info.

On 2/8/2017 12:17 PM, VinceB. wrote:

> Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the
> 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made
> sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
>
> I am using this URL:
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
> .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried
> again, and it seemed to continue.
>
> However, there is no desktop shortcut  for 4.1.3; a desktop shortcut
> for 4.1.2 remains.
>
> There was an error message saying ... Installation was interrupted.
> Your computer was not revised. ...I suspect that the installation went
> into an incorrect folder; should it be Programs x86 ?
>
> Into which folder, precisely, should it be located.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Regards,
>
> VinceB.

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

Isaac Schrader
Yes it should be programs x86. You cannot have OpenOffice open while updating

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 8, 2017, at 9:17 AM, VinceB. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Today is the 2nd time that I have been unsuccessful in getting to the 4.1..3 version of AOO.  I am using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I made sure that AOO 4.1.2 is not opened.
>
> I am using this URL: http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=AOO4_1_2_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade .  There was a notice given that the page could not be found; I tried again, and it seemed to continue.
>
> However, there is no desktop shortcut  for 4.1.3; a desktop shortcut for 4.1.2 remains.
>
> There was an error message saying ... Installation was interrupted. Your computer was not revised. ...I suspect that the installation went into an incorrect folder; should it be Programs x86 ?
>
> Into which folder, precisely, should it be located.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Regards,
>
> VinceB.

Re: Install/Download of AOO 4.1.3 Failure

Isaac Schrader
I suggest uninstalling 4.1.2 then installing 4.1.3 as a new download