Install location

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Install location

Adam Gouge
To whom it may concern,

 This is going to seem ridiculous, I'm sorry for the foolish inquiry.
 I recently installed OpenOffice using the DEB installer from the
website however I cannot find the directory in which it installed - it
did not automatically populate in my launcher.
I'm using Ubuntu with the KDE plasma desktop environment.

 I tried using the launch commands from the terminal but it launches
libre office which I also have installed.

 If someone would be able to help me that would be awesome. Thank you.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Install location

Dan Lewis
The instillation directory is in /opt/ for Ubuntu. After you run Apache
Office, you will find the configuration files in home/.openoffice/ with
home being your home directory.

Reading a second time, you will find two directories in /opt/:
libreoffice and openoffice 4. Enter and run this in a terminal:

/opt/openoffice 4/program/soffice.  openoffice should open.

Dan

On 10/23/20 09:42, Adam Gouge wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
>   This is going to seem ridiculous, I'm sorry for the foolish inquiry.
>   I recently installed OpenOffice using the DEB installer from the
> website however I cannot find the directory in which it installed - it
> did not automatically populate in my launcher.
> I'm using Ubuntu with the KDE plasma desktop environment.
>
>   I tried using the launch commands from the terminal but it launches
> libre office which I also have installed.
>
>   If someone would be able to help me that would be awesome. Thank you.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Install location

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 13:31:06 -0400
Dan Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The instillation directory is in /opt/ for Ubuntu. After you run Apache
> Office, you will find the configuration files in home/.openoffice/ with
> home being your home directory.
>
> Reading a second time, you will find two directories in /opt/:
> libreoffice and openoffice 4. Enter and run this in a terminal:
>
> /opt/openoffice 4/program/soffice.  openoffice should open.
>
> Dan

Many people miss these two commands to be executed after the main installation
cd desktop-integration
dpkg -i *.deb

They insert links to OpenOffice and its components into an Office group

RoryOF

>
> On 10/23/20 09:42, Adam Gouge wrote:
> > To whom it may concern,
> >
> >   This is going to seem ridiculous, I'm sorry for the foolish inquiry.
> >   I recently installed OpenOffice using the DEB installer from the
> > website however I cannot find the directory in which it installed - it
> > did not automatically populate in my launcher.
> > I'm using Ubuntu with the KDE plasma desktop environment.
> >
> >   I tried using the launch commands from the terminal but it launches
> > libre office which I also have installed.
> >
> >   If someone would be able to help me that would be awesome. Thank you.
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]