Installation Problems

Gilbert Gabrielsen
My name is Gilbert Gabrielsen. I have been having trouble installing your
software. Every time I try I get a message to insert the Open Office.org
3.2 disk. I thought the problem might be with the version I had on my
computer so I uninstalled it and tried to install a new version. Same
problem. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

                             Gilbert Gabrielsen

Re: Installation Problems

David Belina-2
Did you download the file from OpenOffice.org?  I don’t know of any version of OO that uses a CD disk.

Latest version is 4.1.7 ( https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html)

If you paid for the version (very obsolete) that you are trying to install, you got ripped off.  Open Office is free.

Dave

On February 13, 2020 at 10:35:13 AM, Gilbert Gabrielsen ([hidden email]) wrote:

My name is Gilbert Gabrielsen. I have been having trouble installing your
software. Every time I try I get a message to insert the Open Office.org
3.2 disk. I thought the problem might be with the version I had on my
computer so I uninstalled it and tried to install a new version. Same
problem. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Gilbert Gabrielsen

Re: Installation Problems

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 11:32:15 -0600
Gilbert Gabrielsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My name is Gilbert Gabrielsen. I have been having trouble installing your
> software. Every time I try I get a message to insert the Open Office.org
> 3.2 disk. I thought the problem might be with the version I had on my
> computer so I uninstalled it and tried to install a new version. Same
> problem. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>

>                              Gilbert Gabrielsen
>
>                               [hidden email]

It would be useful if you had given us the exact wording of the message, but at a guess, this message might be that it needs the OpenOffice 3.2 disk to uninstall the existing version of OpenOffice.

You could download the version 3.2, make a DVD of it and follow the prompting before installing OpenOffice 4.1.7 (latest).

Or, download a utility such as CCleaner and tell it to remove OO 3.2, reboot computer, then install OO 4.1.7.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>