Installation of printer

John Baize
Hello,
I have Apache Open Office, German version, 4,1,2 updated to 4,1,3.  I am using it on a WIN 10 computer.

The program does not talk to my printer.

Help says to click on the ‘new Printer’ button to install a new printer.

Therein lies the problem:  In the German version, there is no ‘New Printer’ (Neue Drucker) button.

How do I get this program to talk to my printer?

Thank you,

John Baize

Re: Installation of printer

zahra a
hello.
are you saying that you only have this problem in german version of
openoffice, not its other languages?
openoffice 4.1.4 is near to release and i wish that your issue be resolved soon.
God bless you!

On 10/17/17, John Baize <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have Apache Open Office, German version, 4,1,2 updated to 4,1,3.  I am
> using it on a WIN 10 computer.
>
> The program does not talk to my printer.
>
> Help says to click on the ‘new Printer’ button to install a new printer.
>
> Therein lies the problem:  In the German version, there is no ‘New Printer’
> (Neue Drucker) button.
>
> How do I get this program to talk to my printer?
>
> Thank you,
>
> John Baize

> 10

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Installation of printer

Keith N. McKenna
On 10/17/2017 4:56 AM, John Baize wrote:

> Hello,
> I have Apache Open Office, German version, 4,1,2 updated to 4,1,3.  I am using it on a WIN 10 computer.
>
> The program does not talk to my printer.
>
> Help says to click on the ‘new Printer’ button to install a new printer.
>
> Therein lies the problem:  In the German version, there is no ‘New Printer’ (Neue Drucker) button.
>
> How do I get this program to talk to my printer?
>
> Thank you,
>
> John Baize

John;

The section in the help that you quoted clearly states that it applies
to OpenOffice running on Unix operating systems. For printing on all
other os's it is handled by the operating system itself.

For Windows 10 you must install the proper printer driver for your
printer. If this is anew printer then it should have included an
installation CD. If it is an older printer then go to the printer
manufactures website and see if there is a windows 10 printer driver
available for your model printer then download that and install it on
your computer. There should be installation n instructions on the website.

Please reply only to the mailing list and not to my personal account.

Regards
Keith