Installing OO.o

Nicholas Cady
Please help me. I have been using OpenOffice Writer on a Vista computer for several years. I just bought a Dell Windows 10 computer, and downloaded OpenOffice to it. It ran sort of OK, but Windows got quite balky so I deleted the OO.o.

I really want to use OO.o Writer again. But I read in one place that you need Java for functionality, and in another that you don’t. So could you please tell me what I really do need to install and run OO.o Writer?

Thank you for your info and help   --   Nick Cady, [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Installing OO.o

Hagar Delest-2
Hi,

Java is needed for some features only. Basically, AOO will work without.
Installing a JRE is not difficult, you have to install the 32bit version however.
There is also a bug but with a workaround if you have difficulties. See: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=87501

Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.

Hagar

Le 25/02/2017 à 02:09, Nicholas Cady a écrit :
> Please help me. I have been using OpenOffice Writer on a Vista computer for several years. I just bought a Dell Windows 10 computer, and downloaded OpenOffice to it. It ran sort of OK, but Windows got quite balky so I deleted the OO.o.
>
> I really want to use OO.o Writer again. But I read in one place that you need Java for functionality, and in another that you don’t. So could you please tell me what I really do need to install and run OO.o Writer?
>
> Thank you for your info and help   --   Nick Cady, [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Installing OO.o

zahra a
hello.
java is specially required for base.
if you only need writer, you dont need to install java for writer!
also i read that windows deffender is not compatible with opensource
office suites and considers them as trojan.
microsoft should solves this problem for windows ten users.

On 2/25/17, Hagar Delest <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Java is needed for some features only. Basically, AOO will work without.
> Installing a JRE is not difficult, you have to install the 32bit version
> however.
> There is also a bug but with a workaround if you have difficulties. See:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=87501
>
> Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.
>
> Hagar
>

> Le 25/02/2017 à 02:09, Nicholas Cady a écrit :
>> Please help me. I have been using OpenOffice Writer on a Vista computer
>> for several years. I just bought a Dell Windows 10 computer, and
>> downloaded OpenOffice to it. It ran sort of OK, but Windows got quite
>> balky so I deleted the OO.o.
>>
>> I really want to use OO.o Writer again. But I read in one place that you
>> need Java for functionality, and in another that you don’t. So could you
>> please tell me what I really do need to install and run OO.o Writer?
>>
>> Thank you for your info and help   --   Nick Cady,
>> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Re: Installing OO.o

M Henri Day

> hello.
> java is specially required for base.
> if you only need writer, you dont need to install java for writer!
> also i read that windows deffender is not compatible with opensource
> office suites and considers them as trojan.
> microsoft should solves this problem for windows ten users.

​Nasrin, in my experience, Windows Defender on Windows 10 does *not* mark
open source office Suites - in my own case, LibreOffice - as malware....

Henri

> On 2/25/17, Hagar Delest <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Java is needed for some features only. Basically, AOO will work without.
> > Installing a JRE is not difficult, you have to install the 32bit version
> > however.
> > There is also a bug but with a workaround if you have difficulties. See:
> > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=87501
> >
> > Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.
> >
> > Hagar
> >

> > Le 25/02/2017 à 02:09, Nicholas Cady a écrit :
> >> Please help me. I have been using OpenOffice Writer on a Vista computer
> >> for several years. I just bought a Dell Windows 10 computer, and
> >> downloaded OpenOffice to it. It ran sort of OK, but Windows got quite
> >> balky so I deleted the OO.o.
> >>
> >> I really want to use OO.o Writer again. But I read in one place that you
> >> need Java for functionality, and in another that you don’t. So could you
> >> please tell me what I really do need to install and run OO.o Writer?
> >>
> >> Thank you for your info and help   --   Nick Cady,
> >> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Installing OO.o

Colby Menning
Please delete my receiving any further emails.  I cannot sign into account.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:27 AM, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > hello.
> > java is specially required for base.
> > if you only need writer, you dont need to install java for writer!
> > also i read that windows deffender is not compatible with opensource
> > office suites and considers them as trojan.
> > microsoft should solves this problem for windows ten users.
> >

> ​Nasrin, in my experience, Windows Defender on Windows 10 does *not* mark
> open source office Suites - in my own case, LibreOffice - as malware....
>
> Henri
>

> > On 2/25/17, Hagar Delest <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Java is needed for some features only. Basically, AOO will work
> without.
> > > Installing a JRE is not difficult, you have to install the 32bit
> version
> > > however.
> > > There is also a bug but with a workaround if you have difficulties.
> See:
> > > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=87501
> > >
> > > Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.
> > >
> > > Hagar

> computer

> you
> you

Re: Installing OO.o

Jim McLaughlin
Why would Microsoft alter Windows Defender in Win 10 to make use of open
source garbage like OO 4.1.3 easier?

Microsoft is in the business of selling, among other things, Office and
Word.

You truly think that Microsoft wiould willingly cut into the sales of
Office or Word to assist Open Office users?

You are at best naive.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 5:20 AM, nasrin khaksar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> hello.
> java is specially required for base.
> if you only need writer, you dont need to install java for writer!
> also i read that windows deffender is not compatible with opensource
> office suites and considers them as trojan.
> microsoft should solves this problem for windows ten users.
>
> On 2/25/17, Hagar Delest <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Java is needed for some features only. Basically, AOO will work without.
> > Installing a JRE is not difficult, you have to install the 32bit version
> > however.
> > There is also a bug but with a workaround if you have difficulties. See:
> > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=87501
> >
> > Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.
> >
> > Hagar
> >

> > Le 25/02/2017 à 02:09, Nicholas Cady a écrit :
> >> Please help me. I have been using OpenOffice Writer on a Vista computer
> >> for several years. I just bought a Dell Windows 10 computer, and
> >> downloaded OpenOffice to it. It ran sort of OK, but Windows got quite
> >> balky so I deleted the OO.o.
> >>
> >> I really want to use OO.o Writer again. But I read in one place that you
> >> need Java for functionality, and in another that you don’t. So could you
> >> please tell me what I really do need to install and run OO.o Writer?
> >>
> >> Thank you for your info and help   --   Nick Cady,
> >> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration is:
> al-islam.org

Re: Installing OO.o

M Henri Day

> Why would Microsoft alter Windows Defender in Win 10 to make use of open
> source garbage like OO 4.1.3 easier?
>
> Microsoft is in the business of selling, among other things, Office and
> Word.
>
> You truly think that Microsoft wiould willingly cut into the sales of
> Office or Word to assist Open Office users?
>
> You are at best naive.

​And you, «Jim McLaughlin» are at best a fool for posting so silly and so
rude a message to this forum....

Henri

Re: Installing OO.o

Jim McLaughlin
Imagine how much I care what you think.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Why would Microsoft alter Windows Defender in Win 10 to make use of open
> > source garbage like OO 4.1.3 easier?
> >
> > Microsoft is in the business of selling, among other things, Office and
> > Word.
> >
> > You truly think that Microsoft wiould willingly cut into the sales of
> > Office or Word to assist Open Office users?
> >
> > You are at best naive.
> >

> ​And you, «Jim McLaughlin» are at best a fool for posting so silly and so
> rude a message to this forum....
>
> Henri

Re: Installing OO.o

Matthias Seidel
https://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html

Am 26.02.2017 um 18:38 schrieb Jim McLaughlin:

> Imagine how much I care what you think.
>
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Why would Microsoft alter Windows Defender in Win 10 to make use of open
>>> source garbage like OO 4.1.3 easier?
>>>
>>> Microsoft is in the business of selling, among other things, Office and
>>> Word.
>>>
>>> You truly think that Microsoft wiould willingly cut into the sales of
>>> Office or Word to assist Open Office users?
>>>
>>> You are at best naive.
>>>
>> ​And you, «Jim McLaughlin» are at best a fool for posting so silly and so
>> rude a message to this forum....
>>
>> Henri

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Installing OO.o

M Henri Day

> Imagine how much I care what you think.

​And imagine, dear «Jim McLaughlin»​
​, how much any user of open source office suites cares what you «think»....

Henri

Re: Installing OO.o

Jim McLaughlin
And yet you've responded twice to my post, which you could have ignored.
You apparently do think I care, and lack the self restraint to control
yourself.

I own you.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:48 AM, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Imagine how much I care what you think.
> >

> ​And imagine, dear «Jim McLaughlin»​
> ​, how much any user of open source office suites cares what you
> «think»....
>
> Henri

Re: Installing OO.o

M Henri Day

> And yet you've responded twice to my post, which you could have ignored.
> You apparently do think I care, and lack the self restraint to control
> yourself.
>
> I own you.

​Quite the contrary, dear «Jim McLaughlin» - after making a fool of your
self on this forum, you continue to respond to someone who points the fact
out, You've been pwned.... ;-)

Henri

Re: Installing OO.o

Alan Pearce
STOP THIS NONSENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan.

Alan N Pearce
Tel: 01275 856887
Mob: 07761  255688

Sent from Samsung tablet

> And yet you've responded twice to my post, which you could have ignored.
> You apparently do think I care, and lack the self restraint to control
> yourself.
>
> I own you.

​Quite the contrary, dear «Jim McLaughlin» - after making a fool of your
self on this forum, you continue to respond to someone who points the fact
out, You've been pwned.... ;-)

Henri

Re: Installing OO.o

Tom Bruwier
can i please be removed of any mailing list of opoffice.apache.org

thank you

Sent from my iPhone

> On 26 Feb 2017, at 21:38, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> STOP THIS NONSENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Alan.
>
> Alan N Pearce
> Tel: 01275 856887
> Mob: 07761  255688
>
> Sent from Samsung tablet

Re: Installing OO.o

Andreas Krokene
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Tom Bruwier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> can i please be removed of any mailing list of opoffice.apache.org
>
> thank you
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 26 Feb 2017, at 21:38, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > STOP THIS NONSENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >

> > Alan.
> >
> > Alan N Pearce
> > Tel: 01275 856887