Installing Open Office in Windows

David Riley
I have a new laptop based on Windows 10.

I downloaded Open Office for Windows from the https://www.openoffice.org/download/ website.

This is the filename I received in my Downloads folder:  Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.6_Win_x86_install_en-US

When I try to open it, I get this message: “This app can’t run on your PC”

I used an older version of Open Office for years on my old laptop equipped with Windows.

I have no clue how to proceed.

Thanks.

David Riley

Re: Installing Open Office in Windows

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, David Riley wrote:

> I have a new laptop based on Windows 10.
>
> I downloaded Open Office for Windows from the https://www.openoffice.org/download/ website.
>
> This is the filename I received in my Downloads folder:  Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.6_Win_x86_install_en-US
>
> When I try to open it, I get this message: “This app can’t run on your PC”

Does the downloaded file have a length of 134 MBytes, as specified on
the download page? Have you tried downloading the file a second time,
in case the first download failed for some reason?

- Robert