Installing open office

John in Rye
Hello,

I've installed open office about five times now.  Yes, you read that right - five times.

Each time all I get is wordprocessor, which I installed earlier.

I've tried installing all the other stuff and all I get is a window popping up telling me to close OO4.1.3 and OO quickstarter 4.1.3

The thing is that neither of these these applications is open !!!

I went to uninstall the program and start all over again (boring but seemingly the only option) but I just get the same window popping up.

What now ?

I cant repair anything or install anything or uninstall anything because you tell me I have to close an application that isn't running.

Is everything this bad with Apache software?

Best wishes, John Tucker, England

Re: Installing open office

zahra a
hi.
quick starter is installed by default when you install openoffice.
but its not activated by default!
do the following:
open for example openoffice writer,,
then tools options, openoffice, memory and uncheck Load OpenOffice
during system start-up if its activated for you!
hope that help, God bless you!

On 10/10/17, John in Rye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I've installed open office about five times now.  Yes, you read that right -
> five times.
>
> Each time all I get is wordprocessor, which I installed earlier.
>

> I've tried installing all the other stuff and all I get is a window popping
> up telling me to close OO4.1.3 and OO quickstarter 4.1.3
>

> The thing is that neither of these these applications is open !!!
>

> I went to uninstall the program and start all over again (boring but
> seemingly the only option) but I just get the same window popping up.
>

> What now ?
>

> I cant repair anything or install anything or uninstall anything because you
> tell me I have to close an application that isn't running.
>

> Is everything this bad with Apache software?
>

> Best wishes, John Tucker, England

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Installing open office

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 20:56:21 +0000
John in Rye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I've installed open office about five times now.  Yes, you read that right - five times.
>
> Each time all I get is wordprocessor, which I installed earlier.

Download only from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/

If the computer tels you that OO 4.1.3 and/or Quickstarter are running, then it knows they are - _you_ have to  find them; it is _your_ computer!

Start Task/Manager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill all "soffice" processes shown running on TM's Processes tab (Details tab on Win 10).  There may be a link at the bottom of TM's window saying something to the effect "show processes for all users".  If so, select this and kill any other "soffice" processes revealed.  Then exit TM and install OpenOffice from the new download.

RoryOF

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>