Interface with existing applications

Paul Campbell-14
I just tried to configure my openoffice 1.1.5

Yes, it's old. It came with RedHat EWS 4

I don't want to just run gnome and kde projects.
I want to be able to select firefox and thunderbird.

Tools/External programs defaults to Evolution for mail.

Firefox is not even one of the choices.

Re: Interface with existing applications

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 14:29 -0800, Paul Campbell wrote:

> I just tried to configure my openoffice 1.1.5
>
> Yes, it's old. It came with RedHat EWS 4
>
> I don't want to just run gnome and kde projects.
> I want to be able to select firefox and thunderbird.
>
> Tools/External programs defaults to Evolution for mail.
>
> Firefox is not even one of the choices.

You really should have asked on [hidden email].

In any case, you should know that Firefox and Thunderbird are Mozilla
products and fall under this category. So, you simply have to go to
Tools > Options > External Programs and select one of the Mozilla
options and then select the path to Thunderbird. Use the "which" command
to locate it if using the browse button is confusing.

For firefox, why not use /usr/bin/htmlview to select the browser? I find
this works well.

--
G. Roderick Singleton <[hidden email]>
OpenOffice.org