Issue anchor

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Issue anchor

Vidu Sebastian
Hi . I have an xls file and when i open it with Open Office Calc i can see on the top of the screen some empty anchors and i dont know how can i get rid of them.
I have attach a screenshot to this mail with the issue.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue anchor

DaveB
-------- Original Message --------
From: Vidu Sebastian <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:35:31 +0000 (UTC)

> Hi . I have an xls file and when i open it with Open Office Calc i can
> see on the top of the screen some empty anchors and i dont know how
> can i get rid of them.
> I have attach a screenshot to this mail with the issue.

Hi Vidu,

The mailing list sever removes attachments from posts, which means that
other list subscribers will be unable to see your screen capture.

I can only partially replicate this, but your screenshot suggests that
there is some kind of drawing object anchored to the sheet. When the
object anchor and resizing handles are visible (as shown in your screen
capture), try tapping the keyboard Delete key to delete the object.

Without seeing the actual file it is unlikely that we can provide any
more detailed advice.

Regards
Dave


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue anchor

David Robley


On 02/21/2018 09:51 PM, DaveB wrote:

> -------- Original Message --------
> From: Vidu Sebastian <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:35:31 +0000 (UTC)
>
>> Hi . I have an xls file and when i open it with Open Office Calc i can
>> see on the top of the screen some empty anchors and i dont know how
>> can i get rid of them.
>> I have attach a screenshot to this mail with the issue.
> Hi Vidu,
>
> The mailing list sever removes attachments from posts, which means that
> other list subscribers will be unable to see your screen capture.
>
> I can only partially replicate this, but your screenshot suggests that
> there is some kind of drawing object anchored to the sheet. When the
> object anchor and resizing handles are visible (as shown in your screen
> capture), try tapping the keyboard Delete key to delete the object.
>
> Without seeing the actual file it is unlikely that we can provide any
> more detailed advice.
>
> Regards
> Dave
>
>
>
Open the Navigator - View | Navigator - and see if there are any
unexpected items shown there.


Cheers
--
David Robley

It's Ensign Flintstone, Jim... He's Fred!
 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue anchor

David Robley
On 02/22/2018 10:36 PM, Vidu Sebastian wrote:

> I attached the file also to this email. It happens on every sheet.
>
> On Thursday, February 22, 2018, 2:47:56 AM GMT+2, David Robley
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> On 02/21/2018 09:51 PM, DaveB wrote:
> > -------- Original Message --------
> > From: Vidu Sebastian <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> > To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> > Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:35:31 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> >> Hi . I have an xls file and when i open it with Open Office Calc i can
> >> see on the top of the screen some empty anchors and i dont know how
> >> can i get rid of them.
> >> I have attach a screenshot to this mail with the issue.
> > Hi Vidu,
> >
> > The mailing list sever removes attachments from posts, which means that
> > other list subscribers will be unable to see your screen capture.
> >
> > I can only partially replicate this, but your screenshot suggests that
> > there is some kind of drawing object anchored to the sheet. When the
> > object anchor and resizing handles are visible (as shown in your screen
> > capture), try tapping the keyboard Delete key to delete the object.
> >
> > Without seeing the actual file it is unlikely that we can provide any
> > more detailed advice.
> >
> > Regards
> > Dave
>
> >
> >
> >
> Open the Navigator - View | Navigator - and see if there are any
> unexpected items shown there.
>
>
> Cheers
> --
> David Robley
>
> It's Ensign Flintstone, Jim... He's Fred!
>
>
>
If you had done what I suggested, you would have found your document has
many comments in it along with many drawing objects. Note this is an
.ods file you have sent, not xls

If you wish to delete the comments, see
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84330#p392124 
for one possible solution.

Please follow up to the mailing list, not to me.


Cheers
--
David Robley

I do a lot of thinking in the john. Says a lot for my thoughts.