JDBC connection and RAC database

Melanie Bastarache
Hi,

I would like to configure a jdbc connection to access an Oracle RAC database.
Actually my jdbc connection has this format:
jdbc:oracle:thin@server:port:sid

I have no problem to connect to the database this way.

I tried to change this for:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(LOAD_BALANCE=on)
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host1) (PORT=1521))
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host2) (PORT=1521))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=service)))

But with this format I have an error when I use the button Test Connection:
Invald Oracle Url specify
SQL Status: 99999
Error code: 17067
Invalid Oracle URL specified

Is it possible to configure a jdbc connection to point to Oracle RAC database or it is not supported with OpenOffice?

Thanks!

Mélanie Bastarache
Administrateur de base de données / Databases Administrator
MOMENTUM TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Vos experts en solutions Oracle  et Java
At
McGill University,
Information Systems Resources (ISR), DBA Team
688 Sherbrooke St W. Suite 500,
Montreal QC  H3A 3R1
Tel: 514-398-5023, ext 09558