JRE Problem

Florence Hoffmann | blink imaging
Hello,

I need some help to open a document. I just get the message that it couldn’t be open because of a java runtime problem (JRE) and I have to install this. But I can’t find any information to install this on a mac.

Please, can you help me installing the JRE and solve this problem.

Thanks

Kind regards
Florence

Re: JRE Problem

zahra a
hello.
which kind of documents do you want to open?
i know that openoffice can open all types of documents without java.

you need java only for creating databases and maybe for using macro,
not usual files!
hope that help, God bless you!

On 8/30/17, Florence Hoffmann | blink imaging <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need some help to open a document. I just get the message that it couldn’t
> be open because of a java runtime problem (JRE) and I have to install this.
> But I can’t find any information to install this on a mac.
>
> Please, can you help me installing the JRE and solve this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kind regards
> Florence

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Re: JRE Problem

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2017-08-30, 7:27 AM Florence Hoffmann | blink imaging wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need some help to open a document. I just get the message that it couldn’t be open because of a java runtime problem (JRE) and I have to install this. But I can’t find any information to install this on a mac.
>
> Please, can you help me installing the JRE and solve this problem.

 From Known Issues in the Release Notes
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

    Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations of Apache OpenOffice on OSX that do not
    have the legacy Apple Java 6 installed will not be able to recognize Oracle Java 7, 8, and
    possibly 9. The work around until the Java bug is fixed is to install the legacy version of
    Apple Java from: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US . This will allow the
    portions of AOO that require Java to run properly.

      Larry I. Gusaas

*Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan   Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

“To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the
significance of an event as well as of a precise organization of forms which give that event
its proper expression.” — Henri Cartier-Bresson

“An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs.” - Edgard Varese *