JRE's correct installation

duyunfen-4
Hi, all

After I built all modles and packaged, I installed it to test, then found that JRE hadn't been installed correctly.The java package was generated  there but when I run office ,click the menu tools->options->redoffice->java,I found the Jre cann't be found.

I tried to find the setup_native\scripts\javaloader.sh and javainstaller2,but hadn't find the reason.
who can give me some advice about this? where is the place setting the  JRE installed and installing corrected?

Look forward to your answer!

Thanks & Regards.

duyunfen

Re: JRE's correct installation

Joachim Lingner - Sun Germany Software Engineer - ham02 - Hamburg
duyunfen wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> After I built all modles and packaged, I installed it to test, then found that JRE hadn't been installed correctly.
The java package was generated  there but when I run office ,click the menu
tools->options->redoffice->java,I found the Jre cann't be found.

I do not know this redoffice menu item. In OOo the options dialog has a
Java page to select the JRE, etc.

> I tried to find the setup_native\scripts\javaloader.sh and javainstaller2,but hadn't find the reason.
> who can give me some advice about this? where is the place setting the  JRE installed and installing corrected?

javaloader.sh and javainstaller2 have nothing to do with how JREs are
searched for.

To get more information what goes wrong you could build the jvmfwk
module with debug information and copy the two dlls into the office
installation.
Delete the javasettings_...xml in your user settings (for example,
/user/config/javasettings_Windows_x86.xml)

Run the office. Start the letter wizard (file->wizards->letter). This
will cause the search for JRE installation.
Capture the out and err stream. It will tell if some JREs were found and
what JRE was eventually used..

Joachim