Java Object Inspector Download URL

Alexandro Colorado-4
Hi I am looking for the current place of the Java Object Inspector
since it seems the URL is sort of outdate and would need to document
the current URL.

I have looked on the SVN and found the URL to the source code, but I
am still missing on the binary package.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/odk/examples/java/Inspector/

I guess I should have an oxt somewhere around the tree.

Regards.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Java Object Inspector Download URL

Bernard Marcelly
Message de Alexandro Colorado  date 2013-01-11 23:24 :

> Hi I am looking for the current place of the Java Object Inspector
> since it seems the URL is sort of outdate and would need to document
> the current URL.
>
> I have looked on the SVN and found the URL to the source code, but I
> am still missing on the binary package.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/odk/examples/java/Inspector/
>
> I guess I should have an oxt somewhere around the tree.
>
> Regards.

Hi,

Object inspector 1.0 extension file is available at
<http://api.openoffice.org/Projects/ObjectInspector/Inspector.oxt>

According to Serge Moutou, Object inspector 2.0 was less usable
<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ObjectInspectorComparison>
I could not find its oxt.

In fact, Object inspector project is superseded by the introduction of extension
MRI (written in Python, but usable from many languages).

Basic programmers will prefer Xray (it is not an extension). See my web site for
the latest version.
<http://bernard.marcelly.perso.sfr.fr/index2.html>

Regards
   Bernard

On 1/12/13, Bernard Marcelly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Message de Alexandro Colorado  date 2013-01-11 23:24 :
>> Hi I am looking for the current place of the Java Object Inspector
>> since it seems the URL is sort of outdate and would need to document
>> the current URL.
>>
>> I have looked on the SVN and found the URL to the source code, but I
>> am still missing on the binary package.
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/odk/examples/java/Inspector/
>>
>> I guess I should have an oxt somewhere around the tree.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
> Hi,
>
> Object inspector 1.0 extension file is available at
> <http://api.openoffice.org/Projects/ObjectInspector/Inspector.oxt>
>
> According to Serge Moutou, Object inspector 2.0 was less usable
> <http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ObjectInspectorComparison>
> I could not find its oxt.
>
> In fact, Object inspector project is superseded by the introduction of
> extension
> MRI (written in Python, but usable from many languages).
>
> Basic programmers will prefer Xray (it is not an extension). See my web site
> for
> the latest version.
> <http://bernard.marcelly.perso.sfr.fr/index2.html>
>
> Regards
>    Bernard

May thanks Bernard, I am compiling an article with the different
object inspectors including all the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the
update about the 2.0 version, I read the comparison document on the
wiki between 1.0 and 2.0.

Thanks for the update. I will add the note on the Object Inspector wiki page.