Join mailing list

Chris
I am still downloading the program however I appreciate the work that's gone
into it & after I've familiarised myself with it & found it user friendly
I'll certainly spread the word & help in any way that I can

Re: Join mailing list

Barbara Duprey
On 10/20/2010 9:40 AM, Chris wrote:
> I am still downloading the program however I appreciate the work that's gone
> into it&  after I've familiarised myself with it&  found it user friendly
> I'll certainly spread the word&  help in any way that I can

Hi, Chris, and welcome! There are two mailing lists that may be of particular interest to you.

    * [hidden email] (users-subscribe-lifeforcehealing=[hidden email]) is where
      users of OOo ask and answer each other's questions about using OOo, and
    * [hidden email] (discuss-subscribe-lifeforcehealing=[hidden email]) is for
      general discussion.

Note that both are fairly high-volume lists. They also have digest versions that collect a number of
messages as attachments to a single e-mail; modify the above mailto addresses to start with
users-digest-subscribe, or discuss-digest-subscribe, to get those versions instead.

Re: Join mailing list

Michael Adams-2
On Saturday 23 October 2010 11:11, Barbara Duprey wrote:

> On 10/20/2010 9:40 AM, Chris wrote:
> > I am still downloading the program however I appreciate the work that's
> > gone into it&  after I've familiarised myself with it&  found it user
> > friendly I'll certainly spread the word&  help in any way that I can
>
> Hi, Chris, and welcome! There are two mailing lists that may be of
> particular interest to you.
>
>     * [hidden email]
> (users-subscribe-lifeforcehealing=[hidden email]) is where users
> of OOo ask and answer each other's questions about using OOo, and *
> [hidden email]
> (discuss-subscribe-lifeforcehealing=[hidden email]) is for
> general discussion.
>
> Note that both are fairly high-volume lists. They also have digest versions
> that collect a number of messages as attachments to a single e-mail; modify
> the above mailto addresses to start with users-digest-subscribe, or
> discuss-digest-subscribe, to get those versions instead.

Welcome Chris.

I would describe the traffic on both the above lists as moderate, seldom
exceeding 100 emails a day. I only need to add to Barbaras' post that more
info is available here and here:
http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html
http://www.openoffice.org/ml_guidelines.html

Cheers