Just upgraded to MAC Catalina and it does not work

Just upgraded to MAC Catalina and it does not work

Marni Bowen
Hello to Whom It May Concern,

Is there going to be a patch for the new MAC OS X Catalina which is 64bit so the 32 bit version no longer works.   All my work invoices are on this platform and I can no longer access them  HELP please.

Thank you in advance,
Marni Bowen

Re: Just upgraded to MAC Catalina and it does not work

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 11:52:05 -0500
Marni Bowen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello to Whom It May Concern,
>
> Is there going to be a patch for the new MAC OS X Catalina which is 64bit so the 32 bit version no longer works.   All my work invoices are on this platform and I can no longer access them  HELP please.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Marni Bowen

Simply download and install  the 64 bit version for Mac.  Tell Apple Gatekeeper to permit OpenOffice install.

I'm not a Mac user so cannot give detailed instructions on how to tell Gatekeeper, but I know that is what one has to do.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Just upgraded to MAC Catalina and it does not work

David Belina-2
Here is the GateKeeper solution:

This is the Apple Gatekeeper problem. see Q05/A05 in

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283#p420635

for details of how to get around this. The same tutorial also has many other useful suggestions for OpenOffice on an Apple Mac.