L10N: new languages on Pootle

FR web forum
Hello,
Anybody manage Pootle?
We have two asks on Armenian (ar) and Breton (br).
Is it possible to add these languages.
Thanks

Re: L10N: new languages on Pootle

Keith N. McKenna
On 12/14/2017 7:29 AM, FR web forum wrote:
> Hello,
> Anybody manage Pootle?
> We have two asks on Armenian (ar) and Breton (br).
> Is it possible to add these languages.
> Thanks

I am one of the admins and the other active one from the project is
Andreas. I have made preliminary responses to both the requesters
questions on the l10n list. As I am, not familiar with the process for
creating languages in Pootle, I have reached out to Andreas on the l10n
list for help.

Regards
Keith

Re: L10N: new languages on Pootle

FR web forum
I see that you are come back here.
Could you have a look to create new languages:
Armenian, Breton and Latvian
Thanks in advance

> I have reached out to Andreas on the
> l10n list for help.

Re: L10N: new languages on Pootle

Andrea Pescetti-2
FR web forum wrote:
> I see that you are come back here.

I read all lists. I'm a volunteer like everybody else, so I answer when
I can, and I do what I can do. Other Pootle admins apparently are even
less responsive than me, since I'm the only one who shows signs of life.

> Could you have a look to create new languages:
> Armenian, Breton and Latvian

I'll take a look at the entire localization processes next week. Had it
been trivial to do, I would already have done it, but we need to
reconstruct a lot of knowledge here, so it will be very time-consuming.
I've never done it before and people who have done it before are not
active any longer.

Of course, if somebody wishes to either work on this with me or read the
documentation I'll write and then take over for future occasions, just
tell me.

One could even take over entirely and propose to do all the work,
without any involvement on my side; I think it's unrealistic (especially
since it requires a good working knowledge of current processes), but I
would definitely welcome this.

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 12/22/2017 7:06 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> FR web forum wrote:
>> I see that you are come back here.
>
> I read all lists. I'm a volunteer like everybody else, so I answer
> when I can, and I do what I can do. Other Pootle admins apparently are
> even less responsive than me, since I'm the only one who shows signs
> of life.
>
>> Could you have a look to create new languages:
>> Armenian, Breton and Latvian
>
> I'll take a look at the entire localization processes next week. Had
> it been trivial to do, I would already have done it, but we need to
> reconstruct a lot of knowledge here, so it will be very
> time-consuming. I've never done it before and people who have done it
> before are not active any longer.
>
> Of course, if somebody wishes to either work on this with me or read
> the documentation I'll write and then take over for future occasions,
> just tell me.

Andrea;

I will be more than happy to help with this.  I was leery to try myself
as my linguistic skills are pretty much non-existent and I did not want
to experiment on what is an Foundation wide resource. Let me know how we
should proceed to get this done.

Keith