LDAP-Mapping

TJF-2
  Hi,

I cannot find any way to change LDAP-mapping in OO 3.2.1 (OpenLDAP). In
Thunderbird I can map every field successful with user.js.

For OO I did this: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-7496/fjdcg?a=view

- LDAP.xcu i.e. with "Mapping": <value>mapping</value>

- mapping-attr.map i.e. with this:
org.openoffice.UserProfile/Data/c = registeredAddress

I don't get any data from "registeredAddress". I can change whatever I
want from fields used in UserProfile.xcs, there is no change... I am
also confused about this fields (<-> fields in UserProfile.xcs ?):
http://dba.openoffice.org/FAQ/LDAP_field_mapping.html

Any idea, what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Thomas

Re: LDAP-Mapping

Frank Schönheit
Hi Thomas,

> I cannot find any way to change LDAP-mapping in OO 3.2.1 (OpenLDAP). In
> Thunderbird I can map every field successful with user.js.
>
> For OO I did this: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-7496/fjdcg?a=view
>
> - LDAP.xcu i.e. with "Mapping": <value>mapping</value>
>
> - mapping-attr.map i.e. with this:
> org.openoffice.UserProfile/Data/c = registeredAddress
>
> I don't get any data from "registeredAddress". I can change whatever I
> want from fields used in UserProfile.xcs, there is no change... I am
> also confused about this fields (<-> fields in UserProfile.xcs ?):
> http://dba.openoffice.org/FAQ/LDAP_field_mapping.html
>
> Any idea, what I am doing wrong?

First, you're mixing up two different things :)

The documentation at docs.sun.com talks about user profile data in a
multi-user installation of StarOffice.

LDAP_field_mapping.html talks about the field mapping used by the LDAP
address book driver.

I suppose the latter - LDAP address book access - is what you're
interested in, really. Then the second problem is that
LDAP_field_mapping.html is out of date :-\

Since LDAP address book access is implemented using Mozilla code,
tweaking the mapping is two-step: First, locate mailnews.js in your
installation: It controls how the Mozilla code translates LDAP fields
into programmatic address book fields.
Second (and probably optional), the org.openoffice.Office.DataAccess
configuration (in a DataAccess.xcu file somewhere deep in the "share"
folder in your installation, but also and preferably accessible
programmatically) maps programmatic address book field names to UI
column names.

Those two together should give you control over what LDAP fields are
actually displayed, and how.

Ciao
Frank

--
ORACLE
Frank Schönheit | Software Engineer | [hidden email]

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

Re: LDAP-Mapping

TJF-2
  Hi Frank,

thank you very much. This is an important step to understand ... :-)

mailnews.js is looking the same like my user.js in Thunderbird. But the
problem still exists: If I change something like putting
"homePostalAddress" to "Custom4" (s.b.) the OO-field still stays empty.
Not so in TB.

pref("ldap_2.servers.default.attrmap.Custom4",
"homePostalAddress,mozillaCustom4,custom4");

Regards
Thomas

Am 23.09.2010 08:45, schrieb Frank Schönheit:

> Hi Thomas,
>
>> I cannot find any way to change LDAP-mapping in OO 3.2.1 (OpenLDAP). In
>> Thunderbird I can map every field successful with user.js.
>>
>> For OO I did this: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-7496/fjdcg?a=view
>>
>> - LDAP.xcu i.e. with "Mapping":<value>mapping</value>
>>
>> - mapping-attr.map i.e. with this:
>> org.openoffice.UserProfile/Data/c = registeredAddress
>>
>> I don't get any data from "registeredAddress". I can change whatever I
>> want from fields used in UserProfile.xcs, there is no change... I am
>> also confused about this fields (<->  fields in UserProfile.xcs ?):
>> http://dba.openoffice.org/FAQ/LDAP_field_mapping.html
>>
>> Any idea, what I am doing wrong?
> First, you're mixing up two different things :)
>
> The documentation at docs.sun.com talks about user profile data in a
> multi-user installation of StarOffice.
>
> LDAP_field_mapping.html talks about the field mapping used by the LDAP
> address book driver.
>
> I suppose the latter - LDAP address book access - is what you're
> interested in, really. Then the second problem is that
> LDAP_field_mapping.html is out of date :-\
>
> Since LDAP address book access is implemented using Mozilla code,
> tweaking the mapping is two-step: First, locate mailnews.js in your
> installation: It controls how the Mozilla code translates LDAP fields
> into programmatic address book fields.
> Second (and probably optional), the org.openoffice.Office.DataAccess
> configuration (in a DataAccess.xcu file somewhere deep in the "share"
> folder in your installation, but also and preferably accessible
> programmatically) maps programmatic address book field names to UI
> column names.
>
> Those two together should give you control over what LDAP fields are
> actually displayed, and how.
>
> Ciao
> Frank

Re: LDAP-Mapping

TJF-2
  Even only changing something in DataAccess.xcu (any value, here
"Fax"), like <value xml:lang="de">Fax</value>, doesn't change
anything... There must be a "missing link".

Regards
Thomas

Am 23.09.2010 08:45, schrieb Frank Schönheit:

> Hi Thomas,
>
>> I cannot find any way to change LDAP-mapping in OO 3.2.1 (OpenLDAP). In
>> Thunderbird I can map every field successful with user.js.
>>
>> For OO I did this: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-7496/fjdcg?a=view
>>
>> - LDAP.xcu i.e. with "Mapping":<value>mapping</value>
>>
>> - mapping-attr.map i.e. with this:
>> org.openoffice.UserProfile/Data/c = registeredAddress
>>
>> I don't get any data from "registeredAddress". I can change whatever I
>> want from fields used in UserProfile.xcs, there is no change... I am
>> also confused about this fields (<->  fields in UserProfile.xcs ?):
>> http://dba.openoffice.org/FAQ/LDAP_field_mapping.html
>>
>> Any idea, what I am doing wrong?
> First, you're mixing up two different things :)
>
> The documentation at docs.sun.com talks about user profile data in a
> multi-user installation of StarOffice.
>
> LDAP_field_mapping.html talks about the field mapping used by the LDAP
> address book driver.
>
> I suppose the latter - LDAP address book access - is what you're
> interested in, really. Then the second problem is that
> LDAP_field_mapping.html is out of date :-\
>
> Since LDAP address book access is implemented using Mozilla code,
> tweaking the mapping is two-step: First, locate mailnews.js in your
> installation: It controls how the Mozilla code translates LDAP fields
> into programmatic address book fields.
> Second (and probably optional), the org.openoffice.Office.DataAccess
> configuration (in a DataAccess.xcu file somewhere deep in the "share"
> folder in your installation, but also and preferably accessible
> programmatically) maps programmatic address book field names to UI
> column names.
>
> Those two together should give you control over what LDAP fields are
> actually displayed, and how.
>
> Ciao
> Frank

Re: LDAP-Mapping

Frank Schönheit
Hi Thomas,

> mailnews.js is looking the same like my user.js in Thunderbird. But the
> problem still exists: If I change something like putting
> "homePostalAddress" to "Custom4" (s.b.) the OO-field still stays empty.
> Not so in TB.
>
> pref("ldap_2.servers.default.attrmap.Custom4",
> "homePostalAddress,mozillaCustom4,custom4");

Hmm - no idea at the moment what's going wrong there, and I would need
to find some time to fiddle with it myself to see what's going on ...
Might take a while :-\

Ciao
Frank

--
ORACLE
Frank Schönheit | Software Engineer | [hidden email]
Oracle Office Productivity: http://www.oracle.com/office

Re: LDAP-Mapping

TJF-2
  Hi Frank,

meanwhile I could change behaviour in DataAccess.xcu
(Basis\share\registry\res\de\org\openoffice\Office), after deleting the
"cache"-folder in profile:
...\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registry\cache

To change things I put a new mozilla.schema server side. That is the
only way to get the fields. But it took some time, because I found such
schemas on some webpages, but they were partly out of date... By the
way: For only two fields it was not possible for me to find any way:
"workstreet2" or "mozillaWorkStreet2" or ... and for
"mozillaUseHtmlMail'" or "mozillausehtmlmail'". The last one is not
important anyway in OO. In TB this is also working ...

Would be fine, if this would work in OO like in TB :-)

Regards
Thomas