Language subsets

Jim Jagielski
It's been suggested that before we do an actual RC1, it might
be a Good Idea to have a Developer's Test Build of all platforms
available for a quick pre-test. That makes a LOT of sense. It
doesn't seem like we need the full language set though for these
but instead maybe just 3-5.

How about: LANGS="de en-US es fr ru" ?

Re: Language subsets

Marcus (OOo)
Am 29.12.20 um 11:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> It's been suggested that before we do an actual RC1, it might
> be a Good Idea to have a Developer's Test Build of all platforms
> available for a quick pre-test. That makes a LOT of sense. It
> doesn't seem like we need the full language set though for these
> but instead maybe just 3-5.
>
> How about: LANGS="de en-US es fr ru" ?

maybe also "it" for Andrea and Arrigo.

Marcus

Re: Language subsets

Jim Jagielski
Works for me...

Any other feedback?

> On Dec 29, 2020, at 6:31 AM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 29.12.20 um 11:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> It's been suggested that before we do an actual RC1, it might
>> be a Good Idea to have a Developer's Test Build of all platforms
>> available for a quick pre-test. That makes a LOT of sense. It
>> doesn't seem like we need the full language set though for these
>> but instead maybe just 3-5.
>> How about: LANGS="de en-US es fr ru" ?
>
> maybe also "it" for Andrea and Arrigo.
>
> Marcus

Re: Language subsets

Arrigo Marchiori
On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 12:31:08PM +0100, Marcus wrote:

> Am 29.12.20 um 11:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> > It's been suggested that before we do an actual RC1, it might
> > be a Good Idea to have a Developer's Test Build of all platforms
> > available for a quick pre-test. That makes a LOT of sense. It
> > doesn't seem like we need the full language set though for these
> > but instead maybe just 3-5.
> >
> > How about: LANGS="de en-US es fr ru" ?
>
> maybe also "it" for Andrea and Arrigo.

+1

I am available for testing the Italian builds -- but unfortunately not
on macOS.

By the way... what kind of tests? Are you referring to this:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide ?

Best regards,
--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: Language subsets

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

Am 29.12.20 um 11:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> It's been suggested that before we do an actual RC1, it might
> be a Good Idea to have a Developer's Test Build of all platforms
> available for a quick pre-test. That makes a LOT of sense. It
> doesn't seem like we need the full language set though for these
> but instead maybe just 3-5.
>
> How about: LANGS="de en-US es fr ru" ?

+1

I just update my test builds for Windows and these 5 languages (+
Italian) are included:

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-419-Test/

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Language subsets

Peter Kovacs-3

On 29.12.20 14:26, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 12:31:08PM +0100, Marcus wrote:
>
>> Am 29.12.20 um 11:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> It's been suggested that before we do an actual RC1, it might
>>> be a Good Idea to have a Developer's Test Build of all platforms
>>> available for a quick pre-test. That makes a LOT of sense. It
>>> doesn't seem like we need the full language set though for these
>>> but instead maybe just 3-5.
>>>
>>> How about: LANGS="de en-US es fr ru" ?
>> maybe also "it" for Andrea and Arrigo.
> +1
>
> I am available for testing the Italian builds -- but unfortunately not
> on macOS.

I can provide you a remote access to a MAC OS Machine that we have
organized for the OpenOffice project.

The machine is available for development and testing work.

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

Re: Language subsets

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello jim,

is there a Linux build, too?

I prefer *.deb.

kind regards

Am 29.12.20 um 13:47 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> Works for me...
>
> Any other feedback?
>
>> On Dec 29, 2020, at 6:31 AM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Am 29.12.20 um 11:40 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> It's been suggested that before we do an actual RC1, it might
>>> be a Good Idea to have a Developer's Test Build of all platforms
>>> available for a quick pre-test. That makes a LOT of sense. It
>>> doesn't seem like we need the full language set though for these
>>> but instead maybe just 3-5.
>>> How about: LANGS="de en-US es fr ru" ?
>>
>> maybe also "it" for Andrea and Arrigo.
>>
>> Marcus

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: Language subsets

Jim Jagielski
I've uploaded macOS, Linux32 and Linux64 bit Dev test builds to:

    http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/

Re: Language subsets

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 17:02:34 -0500
Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've uploaded macOS, Linux32 and Linux64 bit Dev test builds to:
>
>     http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/

I have downloaded and will install for routine work tomorrow the 64 bit en-US deb version - my work will be mostly Writer, some very simple Calc, and some revision and updating of Impress presentations, none of which are "mission critical"; if any failure I have a backup regime in place.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Language subsets

Arrigo Marchiori
Hello Peter,

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 03:13:36PM +0100, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> On 29.12.20 14:26, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:

> > > maybe also "it" for Andrea and Arrigo.
> > +1
> >
> > I am available for testing the Italian builds -- but unfortunately not
> > on macOS.
>
> I can provide you a remote access to a MAC OS Machine that we have organized
> for the OpenOffice project.
>
> The machine is available for development and testing work.

Wow, I'd love to try that!

I need of course some info:

 - what do I need to connect? (rdesktop? TeamViewer? ssh+x11?)

 - is it always-on or shall we agree a connection time? If so, what
   timezone are you in? :-)

 - does it allow multiple users (virtual sessions?) at the same time,
   or shall we share the same desktop?

Of course you can send me these info privately, if you wish.

Best regards and happy 2021,
--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org