Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Angela A Brown

Dear Rep.

 

Could you please email us a Letter of Authorization LoA which we could use for federal and state Gov’t; and higher edu (SLED); and per below forwarded email from the state of MD has been requested of our company as a prime contract-holder?

 

Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/,

 

Please respond with Letter of Authorization (LOA).

 

Thank you!

 

Best Regards,

Angela A. Brown

Victory Global Solutions, Inc.

[hidden email]

Office: (410) 707-0372

Fax: (877) 868-8910

ISO 9001:2008 Certified

Innovate | Accelerate | Transform 

 

 

From: Tonya Killgo -DoIT- [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 5:26 PM

 

Good afternoon. 

 

DoIT is looking for vendors to add the above manufacturer to their current COTS 2012 contract.  If you are able to resell Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/, please respond with Letter of Authorization by Friday May 5, 2017 by Noon EST to [hidden email].

 

--

 

DoIT Online

 

Tonya Killgo

IT Procurement Office

Dept. of Information Technology

100 Community Place, Room 2.322

Crownsville, MD 21032

410-697-9668 O

[hidden email]

 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Apache OpenOffice is free software under the Apache License. You are free to use it in a non-exclusive manner.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 5, 2017, at 12:40 AM, Angela A Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Rep.
>  
> Could you please email us a Letter of Authorization LoA which we could use for federal and state Gov’t; and higher edu (SLED); and per below forwarded email from the state of MD has been requested of our company as a prime contract-holder?
>  
> Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/,
>  
> Please respond with Letter of Authorization (LOA).
>  
> Thank you!
>  
> Best Regards,
> Angela A. Brown
> Victory Global Solutions, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> Office: (410) 707-0372
> Fax: (877) 868-8910
> ISO 9001:2008 Certified
> Innovate | Accelerate | Transform
>
>  
>  
> From: Tonya Killgo -DoIT- [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 5:26 PM
>
>  
> Good afternoon.
>  
> DoIT is looking for vendors to add the above manufacturer to their current COTS 2012 contract.  If you are able to resell Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/, please respond with Letter of Authorization by Friday May 5, 2017 by Noon EST to [hidden email].
>  
> --
>  
>
> DoIT Online
>
>  
> Tonya Killgo
> IT Procurement Office
> Dept. of Information Technology
> 100 Community Place, Room 2.322
> Crownsville, MD 21032
> 410-697-9668 O
> [hidden email]
>  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Isaac Schrader
You cannot sell this software to anyone. This is free software.


________________________________
From: Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 8:48 AM
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Cc: Phi Danh
Subject: Re: Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Hi -

Apache OpenOffice is free software under the Apache License. You are free to use it in a non-exclusive manner.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 5, 2017, at 12:40 AM, Angela A Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Rep.
>
> Could you please email us a Letter of Authorization LoA which we could use for federal and state Gov’t; and higher edu (SLED); and per below forwarded email from the state of MD has been requested of our company as a prime contract-holder?
>
> Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/,
Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open ...<https://www.openoffice.org/>
www.openoffice.org
The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.



>
> Please respond with Letter of Authorization (LOA).
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best Regards,
> Angela A. Brown
> Victory Global Solutions, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> Office: (410) 707-0372
> Fax: (877) 868-8910
> ISO 9001:2008 Certified
> Innovate | Accelerate | Transform
>
>
>
> From: Tonya Killgo -DoIT- [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 5:26 PM
>
>
> Good afternoon.
>
> DoIT is looking for vendors to add the above manufacturer to their current COTS 2012 contract.  If you are able to resell Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/, please respond with Letter of Authorization by Friday May 5, 2017 by Noon EST to [hidden email].
>
> --
>
>
> DoIT Online
>
>
> Tonya Killgo
> IT Procurement Office
> Dept. of Information Technology
> 100 Community Place, Room 2.322
> Crownsville, MD 21032
> 410-697-9668 O
> [hidden email]
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Richard Detwiler
On 5/5/2017 7:35 PM, Isaac Schrader wrote:
> You cannot sell this software to anyone. This is free software.

Incorrect, of course. The software can be sold. There isn't much reason
to buy it since it can be obtained for no charge, but there is no
prohibition about selling it.

>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 8:48 AM
> To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Cc: Phi Danh
> Subject: Re: Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office
>
> Hi -
>
> Apache OpenOffice is free software under the Apache License. You are free to use it in a non-exclusive manner.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 5, 2017, at 12:40 AM, Angela A Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Rep.
>>
>> Could you please email us a Letter of Authorization LoA which we could use for federal and state Gov’t; and higher edu (SLED); and per below forwarded email from the state of MD has been requested of our company as a prime contract-holder?
>>
>> Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/,
> Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open ...<https://www.openoffice.org/>
> www.openoffice.org
> The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.
>
>
>
>> Please respond with Letter of Authorization (LOA).
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Angela A. Brown
>> Victory Global Solutions, Inc.
>> [hidden email]
>> Office: (410) 707-0372
>> Fax: (877) 868-8910
>> ISO 9001:2008 Certified
>> Innovate | Accelerate | Transform
>>
>>
>>
>> From: Tonya Killgo -DoIT- [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 5:26 PM
>>
>>
>> Good afternoon.
>>
>> DoIT is looking for vendors to add the above manufacturer to their current COTS 2012 contract.  If you are able to resell Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/, please respond with Letter of Authorization by Friday May 5, 2017 by Noon EST to [hidden email].
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> DoIT Online
>>
>>
>> Tonya Killgo
>> IT Procurement Office
>> Dept. of Information Technology
>> 100 Community Place, Room 2.322
>> Crownsville, MD 21032
>> 410-697-9668 O
>> [hidden email]
>>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Brian Barker
In reply to this post by Isaac Schrader
At 23:35 05/05/2017 +0000, Isaac Schrader wrote:
>You cannot sell this software to anyone. This is free software.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is entirely untrue, of course. The
idea that you cannot sell something you have been given is specious.
There is nothing in the Apache Licence suggesting that you cannot
sell the product: indeed, instead a clear indication that you can. I
hope people will obtain the product free of charge themselves and not
want to buy it from you - but that's different.

Brian Barker  


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Dave Fisher
Hi,
 
Brian is correct.

We do ask that you respect our trademark. If distribute your own build then you need permission from the AOO PMC to call it OpenOffice.

Of course if you enhance OpenOffice we hope you will but do not require that you contribute your code back to the project.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 5, 2017, at 11:14 PM, Brian Barker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> At 23:35 05/05/2017 +0000, Isaac Schrader wrote:
>> You cannot sell this software to anyone. This is free software.
>
> For the avoidance of doubt, this is entirely untrue, of course. The idea that you cannot sell something you have been given is specious. There is nothing in the Apache Licence suggesting that you cannot sell the product: indeed, instead a clear indication that you can. I hope people will obtain the product free of charge themselves and not want to buy it from you - but that's different.
>
> Brian Barker  
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]