LibreOffice

Marius Popa-4
What is LibreOffice? Is it the successor of OpenOffice.org or what?

Marius Popa

Re: LibreOffice

Phil Hibbs
It appears to be - everything is up in the air a little at the moment,
waiting on Oracle's decision. If Oracle give them the trademark, then the
situation is clear. If they don't, then there will be a separate OpenOffice
and LibreOffice, and things are a little less clear.

Phil Hibbs.
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?

Re: LibreOffice

Marius Popa-4
What LibreOffice will be able to do in addition to OpenOffice? When
OpenOffice.org 3.3 will appear? I see the beta lasts too long.

Marius Popa

Re: LibreOffice

RA Brown
On Thu Sep 30 2010 09:23:36 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Marius Popa wrote:
> What LibreOffice will be able to do in addition to OpenOffice? When
> OpenOffice.org 3.3 will appear? I see the beta lasts too long.

LibreOffice has some of the more stable code from Go-oo back ported.
The Icons or not the "official" colorless ones seen in 3.2.1 or 3.3.0 beta.

Andy

Re: LibreOffice

NoOp-4
On 09/30/2010 09:57 AM, RA Brown wrote:
> On Thu Sep 30 2010 09:23:36 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Marius Popa wrote:
>> What LibreOffice will be able to do in addition to OpenOffice? When
>> OpenOffice.org 3.3 will appear? I see the beta lasts too long.
>>

> LibreOffice has some of the more stable code from Go-oo back ported.
> The Icons or not the "official" colorless ones seen in 3.2.1 or 3.3.0 beta.
>
> Andy

Which is *very* nice on linux as you don't have to mess with antiquated
JMF for sound & video as LO uses the gstreamer plugins.

Re: Re: LibreOffice

RA Brown
On Thu Sep 30 2010 18:57:58 GMT-0700 (PDT)  NoOp wrote:

> On 09/30/2010 09:57 AM, RA Brown wrote:
>> On Thu Sep 30 2010 09:23:36 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Marius Popa wrote:
>>> What LibreOffice will be able to do in addition to OpenOffice? When
>>> OpenOffice.org 3.3 will appear? I see the beta lasts too long.
>>>
>> LibreOffice has some of the more stable code from Go-oo back ported.
>> The Icons or not the "official" colorless ones seen in 3.2.1 or 3.3.0 beta.
>>
>> Andy
>
> Which is *very* nice on linux as you don't have to mess with antiquated
> JMF for sound & video as LO uses the gstreamer plugins.

In one the forums I tried to point out to a poster that Go-oo was
better, but I was basically told I did not know what I was talking
about.  Not having tried with either I could not prove the point.  I had
seen you referring to the problems but did not have the references handy.

Andy

Re: LibreOffice

Graham P Davis-3
On Thursday 30 Sep 2010 16:37, Marius Popa scribbled:

http://www.documentfoundation.org/faq/

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.  E-mail: "newsman", not "newsboy".
"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl

Re: LibreOffice

Marius Popa-4
When LibreOffice 3.3  final will be released? Will you make a portable
version of it or www.portableapps.com will deal with it?

On 5 October 2010 09:26, Graham P Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thursday 30 Sep 2010 16:37, Marius Popa scribbled:
>
> > What is LibreOffice? Is it the successor of OpenOffice.org or what?
> >

> http://www.documentfoundation.org/faq/
>
> --
> Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.  E-mail: "newsman", not "newsboy".
> "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." -
> Carl
> Sagan

Marius Popa

Re: LibreOffice

Sigrid Carrera
Hi Marius,

2010/10/21 Marius Popa <[hidden email]>:
> When LibreOffice 3.3  final will be released? Will you make a portable
> version of it or www.portableapps.com will deal with it?

This is a question, that no one can answer you on the openoffice.org
lists. If you're interested, you should ask this question in the
libreoffice mailinglists.
You could try either [hidden email] or [hidden email]

Be warned, that discuss has high mail traffic at the moment.

Sigrid