Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi all,

as you probably know, OpenOffice.org will celebrate it's 10th
anniversary on October 13th - just a few weeks ahead.

Even if there is still no certainty about how to use the new logo, it's
very likely that we can use the logo to design a specialized logo for
this extraordinary event.

With his introduction last month, Miguel Boto presented us an impressing
idea about such a logo on the branding mailing list:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=branding&msgNo=411

I used this one as basis and adapted it to the still unfinished logo
usage guidelines.

I changed the whitespace area around the OOo logo (at least half the
height of the large "O" distance to other elements) as well as the font
  (probably "M plus 1p" will become the officially recommended font for
textual elements accompanying the logo).

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox

Please have a look at it and comment, criticize, discuss this proposal.

I'd like to present it soon on dev@marketing, so people can use it for
our website, linking to dedicated sub-pages.

Best regards

Bernhard

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Peter Junge-2
Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Dippold wrote:

[...]

> With his introduction last month, Miguel Boto presented us an impressing
> idea about such a logo on the branding mailing list:
> http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=branding&msgNo=411

Looks great but the original (new) OOo logo is incomplete, hence not
appropriate from my understanding.

>
> I used this one as basis and adapted it to the still unfinished logo
> usage guidelines.
>
> I changed the whitespace area around the OOo logo (at least half the
> height of the large "O" distance to other elements) as well as the font
>  (probably "M plus 1p" will become the officially recommended font for
> textual elements accompanying the logo).
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox
>
> Please have a look at it and comment, criticize, discuss this proposal.

Simply +1!

> I'd like to present it soon on dev@marketing, so people can use it for
> our website, linking to dedicated sub-pages.

 From my point of view you can go ahead whenever you like.

Best regards,
Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Peter, *

Peter Junge schrieb:

> Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox
>>
>> Please have a look at it and comment, criticize, discuss this proposal.
>
> Simply +1!

Thanks Peter!

If there are no other comments during the next hours, I'll send it to
the dev@marketing list requesting to approve it as official logo for the
anniversary...

Best regards

Bernhard

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Miguel Boto
Hi Bernhard and all,

Forgive me for being away all this time.
I cannot devote more time to OOo at this moment because of some
complications i need to solve.
Please feel free to use, change or whatever you find necessary with my work,
to make the openoffice.org 10 anniversary project going forward.

I will be back as soon as i can.

Best regards,
Miguel B.




On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Bernhard Dippold <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Peter, *
>
> Peter Junge schrieb:
>
>
>  Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox
>>>
>>> Please have a look at it and comment, criticize, discuss this proposal.
>>>
>>
>> Simply +1!
>>
>
> Thanks Peter!
>
> If there are no other comments during the next hours, I'll send it to the
> dev@marketing list requesting to approve it as official logo for the
> anniversary...
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Ivan M
In reply to this post by Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Bernhard, all,
(still alive... very busy though)

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Bernhard Dippold
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as you probably know, OpenOffice.org will celebrate it's 10th anniversary on
> October 13th - just a few weeks ahead.
>
> Even if there is still no certainty about how to use the new logo, it's very
> likely that we can use the logo to design a specialized logo for this
> extraordinary event.
>
> With his introduction last month, Miguel Boto presented us an impressing
> idea about such a logo on the branding mailing list:
> http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=branding&msgNo=411
>
> I used this one as basis and adapted it to the still unfinished logo usage
> guidelines.
>
> I changed the whitespace area around the OOo logo (at least half the height
> of the large "O" distance to other elements) as well as the font  (probably
> "M plus 1p" will become the officially recommended font for textual elements
> accompanying the logo).
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox

Looks great - well done Miguel and Bernhard!
I can only one suggestion, and that is to limit the colors to OOo blue
and black (currently there is also a dark blue in there).

Regards,
Ivan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Ivan,

Ivan M  *schrieb:
> Hi Bernhard, all,
> (still alive... very busy though)

Better than the other way round... ;-)
>
>
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox
>
> Looks great - well done Miguel and Bernhard!
> I can only one suggestion, and that is to limit the colors to OOo blue
> and black (currently there is also a dark blue in there).

I had it in black and OOo blue only (see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:M_plus_1p_numbers.PNG),
but this led to more importance of the 10 and less importance of the OOo
logo.

So I came back to Miguel's color code with a dark blue (middle between
black and OOo blue). I can imagine, that we'll use this dark blue for
some accent color in the branding color language.

Do you think this is reasonable?

Best regard

Bernhard

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Peter Junge-2
In reply to this post by Miguel Boto
Hi Miguel,

no problem, that you have other priorities at the moment, but many many
thanks for contributing this great first draft for the anniversary logo. :-)

best regards,
Peter

Miguel Boto wrote:

> Hi Bernhard and all,
>
> Forgive me for being away all this time.
> I cannot devote more time to OOo at this moment because of some
> complications i need to solve.
> Please feel free to use, change or whatever you find necessary with my work,
> to make the openoffice.org 10 anniversary project going forward.
>
> I will be back as soon as i can.
>
> Best regards,
> Miguel B.
>
>
>
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Bernhard Dippold <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter, *
>>
>> Peter Junge schrieb:
>>
>>
>>  Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox
>>>>
>>>> Please have a look at it and comment, criticize, discuss this proposal.
>>>>
>>> Simply +1!
>>>
>> Thanks Peter!
>>
>> If there are no other comments during the next hours, I'll send it to the
>> dev@marketing list requesting to approve it as official logo for the
>> anniversary...
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Bernhard
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Logo for our 10th Anniversary - design proposal

Peter Junge-2
In reply to this post by Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Dippold wrote:

> Hi Peter, *
>
> Peter Junge schrieb:
>
>> Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:BeDipp#personal_sandbox
>>>
>>> Please have a look at it and comment, criticize, discuss this proposal.
>>
>> Simply +1!
>
> Thanks Peter!
>
> If there are no other comments during the next hours, I'll send it to
> the dev@marketing list requesting to approve it as official logo for the
> anniversary...

seems like there are no further comments, feel free to go ahead.

Best regards,
Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]