Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

12345

Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi all,

as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.

Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png

So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th, 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may vote "-1" too ;-) )

Best regards

Bernhard

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

varun mittal
+1

Thank You

Best Regards
Varun Mittal <http://www.varunmittal.info>

Google <https://www.google.com/profiles/varunmittal87>
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/mittal.varun>
   LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/varunmittal87>
Twitter<http://twitter.com/varunmittal19>

"Uncertainty is the only Certainty of LIFE"
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Dr. Bernhard Dippold <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use
> on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I
> created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th,
> 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary
> logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may
> vote "-1" too ;-) )
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Peter Junge-2

Dr. Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th, 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may vote "-1" too ;-) )

Short version:
+1

Long version:
Many, many thanks to Miguel and Bernhard for putting together such great
pearl of artwork that shall IMHO become the official logo for
OpenOffice.org's 10th anniversary.

Best regards,
Peter

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Danishka Navin
do we really need that 'TM'  part ?

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Peter Junge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Dr. Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use
>> on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>>
>> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I
>> created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>>
>> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th,
>> 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary
>> logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may
>> vote "-1" too ;-) )
>>

> Short version:
> +1
>
> Long version:
> Many, many thanks to Miguel and Bernhard for putting together such great
> pearl of artwork that shall IMHO become the official logo for
> OpenOffice.org's 10th anniversary.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

nicola zanarini
Hi all,

+1

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Volker Merschmann
Hi Bernhard.

2010/9/27 Dr. Bernhard Dippold <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th, 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may vote "-1" too ;-) )

+1 and many thanks from me too!

Bye

Volker

--
++ Volker Merschmann - Content Developer OpenOffice.org
++ Office-Suite für Linux, Mac, Windows -- http://de.openoffice.org/

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Danishka Navin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> do we really need that 'TM'  part ?

rest of the part is ok for me :)

Danishka Navin

Danishka wrote:
> do we really need that 'TM'  part ?

What I know about the previous logo, the "TM" sign should appear at least once on a page / in any material containing the logo.

There is no logo without "TM" and I think that Sun/Oracle did this on purpose.

For more details you'll probably have to ask Stefan Taxhet or other relevant people at Oracle.

What's your problem with the "TM" ?

Best regards

Bernhard

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Peter Junge  wrote:
>  >
> > Dr. Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> >>[...]
> >>
> >> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I
> >> created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

KAMI911
Hi!

I love the design of it,
but I wouldn't us two blue color and the zero character of 10 cold be the
icon of the OOo app.

Thanky you!

Best regards,
KAMI

2010/9/27 Dr. Bernhard Dippold <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use
> on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I
> created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th,
> 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary
> logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may
> vote "-1" too ;-) )
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Danishka Navin
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Dr. Bernhard Dippold <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Danishka wrote:
> > do we really need that 'TM'  part ?
>
> What I know about the previous logo, the "TM" sign should appear at least
> once on a page / in any material containing the logo.
>
> There is no logo without "TM" and I think that Sun/Oracle did this on
> purpose.
>
> For more details you'll probably have to ask Stefan Taxhet or other
> relevant people at Oracle.
>
> What's your problem with the "TM" ?

As the 10th Anniversary logo  used the standard OO.org logo for
reproduction, I don't know whether we need TM again.

and also I prefer Logos like Mozilla, Firefox, Gnome, CentOS, Ubuntu,
Debian, etc (without TM) but its my personal choice.

But respect for community comments. :)

Danishka

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Laurent Godard-4
Hi all

looks nice ...

BTW, 2 questions/concerns

- the TM as said before, why not, but more precision needed

- the logo is english-centric. Any translation planned ? or any
language-agnostic idea ?

/me votes 0

Laurent

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Kami,

> Hi!
>
> I love the design of it,
> but I wouldn't us two blue color and the zero character of 10 cold be the
> icon of the OOo app.

Would you mind subscribing to art@marketing too?
(I posted the logo draft there some days ago for discussing the details)

With regards to the colors:
My first versions only had black and OOo-blue (see: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/archive/8/82/20100924135851%21OOo10.png), but this caused too much emphasis on the 10 instead of the OOo logo.

I didn't try the application icon (in our branding called gull orb symbol) instead of the zero, but I think this would lead to poorer recognition of the number 10 (one world?, one marble?).

Best regards

Bernhard

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Laurent,

Laurent Godard schrieb:
> Hi all
>
> looks nice ...
>
> BTW, 2 questions/concerns
>
> - the TM as said before, why not, but more precision needed

The official OOo logo contains the TM symbol. We are not allowed to
modify the logo, so we can't remove the TM symbol.

When the Trademark Policy has been released and there is an official
statement when we have to use the TM symbol, I don't have any problem to
use any official OOo logo without symbol.

As long these preconditions aren't true, I'll be not the one to cause
discord with the trademark holder on this IMHO negligible point.

I still don't understand why this point is so important to you.

> - the logo is english-centric. Any translation planned ? or any
> language-agnostic idea ?

I like the idea of similar logos for several languages. I didn't plan
any translations by now - just wanted to have a logo at all.

But if the decision here is positive, I don't have any problem to create
different language versions:

10ième Anniversaire
10ter Geburtstag

(don't know other languages, but if they are built in the same way, this
shouldn't be a problem).

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: If someone had a language-agnostic idea, he/she should have
presented it here or at the Art list...

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Laurent Godard-4
Hi

> I still don't understand why this point is so important to you.

just to recall the history so that the question never re-occurs ;)

> But if the decision here is positive, I don't have any problem to create
> different language versions:
>
> 10ième Anniversaire

10ème (no "i")

> PS: If someone had a language-agnostic idea, he/she should have
> presented it here or at the Art list...

can't tell for him but maybe contact Ben Bois
http://mooouette.tuxfamily.org/galleries/laMooouette/20100630_OOo-10years.png

thanks a lot Bernhard

Laurent

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

J. Eduardo Moreno
El 27/09/10 03:19, Dr. Bernhard Dippold escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th, 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may vote "-1" too ;-) )
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard

+1

What is the name of font?

To translate to spanish

--
Mi Office genera: Seguridad, Confianza y Ahorro

J. Eduardo Moreno
TOKONHU de México
044 55 2748 4840

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Eduardo, *

Eduardo Moreno schrieb:

> El 27/09/10 03:19, Dr. Bernhard Dippold escribió:
>> [...]
>> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I
>> created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary
>> logo for:
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>>
> +1
>
> What is the name of font?

M plus 1p (or M+ 1p)

> To translate to spanish

If you provide me the text, I'll do it for you.

I have got the vector sources, so it's quite easy.

When voting is over (Wednesday morning), I'll post a mail to
dev@native-lang and create as many of translated logos as possible /
necessary.

El 27/09/10 10:19, Bernhard Dippold escribió:

> Hi Eduardo, *
>
> Eduardo Moreno schrieb:
>> El 27/09/10 03:19, Dr. Bernhard Dippold escribió:
>>> [...]
>>> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I
>>> created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary
>>> logo for:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>>>
>> +1
>>
>> What is the name of font?
>
> M plus 1p (or M+ 1p)
>>
>> To translate to spanish
>
> If you provide me the text, I'll do it for you.
>
> I have got the vector sources, so it's quite easy.
>
> When voting is over (Wednesday morning), I'll post a mail to
> dev@native-lang and create as many of translated logos as possible /
> necessary.
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard

10º
Aniversario

thank's

--
Mi Office genera: Seguridad, Confianza y Ahorro

J. Eduardo Moreno
TOKONHU de México
044 55 2748 4840

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Leo Moons
  Hello all,

Looks great.
+1
and another +1, when also available in Dutch/Flemish: 10e verjaardag ;-)

Best regards

Leo Moons
nl.OpenOffice.org
OOoAuthors/nl

Nous sommes condamnés à être libres

Op 27/09/2010 10:19, Dr. Bernhard Dippold schreef:

> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th, 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may vote "-1" too ;-) )
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Leo Moons
  Hello all,

Looks great.
+1
and another +1, when also available in Dutch/Flemish: 10e verjaardag ;-)

Best regards

Leo Moons
nl.OpenOffice.org
OOoAuthors/nl

Nous sommes condamnés à être libres

Op 27/09/2010 10:19, Dr. Bernhard Dippold schreef:

> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th, 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may vote "-1" too ;-) )
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard

Re: Logo for the 10th anniversary - request for approval

Ivan M
Hi Bernhard, all

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Dr. Bernhard Dippold
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as time has already become short, we really need to have a logo we can use on our homepage and in marketing material spread by our project.
>
> Based on a design by Miguel Boto, a new member of the Art Project, I created a logo that I request approval as official 10th anniverary logo for:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo10.png
>
> So please comment with "+1"  during the next three days (until Sept. 30th, 12:00 UTC), if you wan this logo to become the official 10th anniversary logo for OpenOffice.org. (If you dislike it or know any better one, you may vote "-1" too ;-) )

It's probably redundant at this point, but +1 from me too :)

Regards,
Ivan.

12345