Looking for C++ APIs or Source code

BS, Nayana
HI,

I am very new to AOO.
I want to develop a project to generate Excel report file.
I am planning to use NI-Labwindows platform to develop my project. if it doesn't support then i will prefer to do with Visual Studio (VC++).
Can you please send the required C++ API's for to do the same.

It will be really helpful if you could send me few sample example codes.

Thank-you,
Nayana

**************************************************************************************** Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. ****************************************************************************************

Re: Looking for C++ APIs or Source code

Jürgen Schmidt-3
On 05/02/15 04:19, BS, Nayana wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am very new to AOO.
> I want to develop a project to generate Excel report file.
> I am planning to use NI-Labwindows platform to develop my project. if it doesn't support then i will prefer to do with Visual Studio (VC++).
> Can you please send the required C++ API's for to do the same.
>
> It will be really helpful if you could send me few sample example codes.

there is no C++ API that you can use standalone but you can use the C++
binding of the UNO API. The API that is used in the office but also in
macros or extensions or external apps remote controlling the office.

I think thr latter one can be an option for you. You have to run the
office in server mode (means headless without GUI) listening on a port
for incoming UNO calls. Your cleint app can connect via UNO and can
create a new document and and can fill it.

For a first impression take a look into the SDK [1]. But keep in mind
most of the samples are in Java. But a few samples show the initial
steps to bootstrap UNO in C++ and create a connection to an office.

The API is the same in C++ but the language binding is a bit different
to Java. Please see the Developers Guide [2] for a general introduction.

Juergen

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/api/SDK/index.html
[2] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide

SOS

Re: Looking for C++ APIs or Source code

SOS
  Nayana ,

What you wanted to produce is very easy when using the API and basic
who is simular tot VSB. the code can been packed as a extension   (
there is a lot of usefull code around om the web and forums)

hope it helps

Fernand