Lost Password

Gregory Truby
Hello,

I have recently made a document and locked it with a password. And now the password I saved it with isn’t working.

I am wondering how I can delete the password or bypass it? Or even reset it?

Please help

Kind Regards,

Gregory Truby

Re: Lost Password

jonathon-3
On 07/06/2017 04:51 PM, Gregory Truby wrote:

> I am wondering how I can delete the password or bypass it? Or even reset it?

Your best chance of recovering the document, is to:
* Wwrite down what you think the password is;
* Construct variants of that, using the normal password variation patterns;
* Try each of those variant patterns, until you find the correct password;

jonathon

Re: Lost Password

Girvin Herr-2
Gregory,

Have you tried "Caps Lock"? Maybe it was set or is set now and so the
password capitalization is not matching. That has happened to me in the
past.

Other than trying such things, you are hosed. From what I read, there is
no practical way to recover such a document.

HTH.
Girvin Herr

On 07/06/2017 09:51 AM, Gregory Truby wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently made a document and locked it with a password. And now the password I saved it with isn’t working.
>
> I am wondering how I can delete the password or bypass it? Or even reset it?
>
> Please help
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Gregory Truby

Re: Lost Password

Andrew Pitonyak
On 2017-07-06 13:22, Toki wrote:

> On 07/06/2017 04:51 PM, Gregory Truby wrote:
>
>> I am wondering how I can delete the password or bypass it? Or even
>> reset it?
>
> Your best chance of recovering the document, is to:
> * Wwrite down what you think the password is;
> * Construct variants of that, using the normal password variation
> patterns;
> * Try each of those variant patterns, until you find the correct
> password;

In other words, there is no back door; sorry.

Re: Lost Password

John Miller
I wouldn't give up quite yet someone; showed me a backdoor to get into my
iMac when something similar happened, but sorry to say you are going to
need one hell of a hotshot in the field-if it can be done.
I wish I could give you better news, or help you personally, but my PhD is
in organic chemistry.
Best wishes