Lost file

Karl Krell
I closed computer with an excel file open.Now when I try to open the file it has a unicode box and all the info is gone.How do I resolve  this?Thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Lost file

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 14:14:08 +0000 (UTC)
Karl Krell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I closed computer with an excel file open.Now when I try to open the file it has a unicode box and all the info is gone.How do I resolve  this?Thank you
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

As soon as possible, use the methods set out below to try to recover it.

You may be able to recover a previous version of the file - see https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038 for detailed instructions on how to

a) use [b][i]Previous Versions[/i][/b] (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file ;

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted.  This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>