MD5Sums on download.openoffice.org

Andreas Saeger
Hi,
The MD5 link on the main download page points to the raw text file of
md5sums.
Until recently, the link target included a short how-to on md5 on
different operating systems. This information is necessary for most
visitors before they continue to download the actual list.

Should I file an issue?

Greetings,
Andreas

Re: MD5Sums on download.openoffice.org

Clayton-24
On 02/28/10 16:44, Andreas Saeger wrote:
> Hi,
> The MD5 link on the main download page points to the raw text file of
> md5sums.
> Until recently, the link target included a short how-to on md5 on
> different operating systems. This information is necessary for most
> visitors before they continue to download the actual list.
>
> Should I file an issue?

Just for clarification, the page is:
http://download.openoffice.org/

And the various MD5 checksums links all point to this text file:
http://download.openoffice.org/md5sums/3.2.0_md5sums.txt

Which is fine if you know what MD5 checksums are and how to use them.
I'd say this isn't right... raise an issue or send an email to
[hidden email].

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [hidden email]
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead