MSVC 14 update difficult to backport to 4.1.6?

MSVC 14 update difficult to backport to 4.1.6?

Peter Kovacs-2
Hi, I came down to search the archive.

I am not even sure on the completness of this task in trunk. I guess its
finshed there.

But not done in a single steb I think.

Any advice on this?

all the best.

Peter

Re: MSVC 14 update difficult to backport to 4.1.6?

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 16.09.2018 um 22:19 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Hi, I came down to search the archive.
>
> I am not even sure on the completness of this task in trunk. I guess
> its finshed there.

I don't think that we have finished that in trunk.
At least I am still building with MSVC 2008...

> But not done in a single steb I think.
>
> Any advice on this?

I definitely wouldn't switch compilers in 4.1.x.
We even should build 4.2.0 with MSVC 2008, while we work on the switch
in trunk for a later release.

My 2ct.

Matthias

> all the best.