Mac compatibility

Laura Shook
Hi, I have been using OpenOffice for years now and love it.  However I have just installed Catalina onto my new MacBook Air and I am so disappointed to see I can no longer use it.  Could you explain if there is a version that will work with Catalina, if so how do I get it and use it, I am not a computer technical person so a very basic answer is good.  My home number is 250 5398079 if you need to call.  Thanks so much Laura

Re: Mac compatibility

Steven Ahlers
Laura,

You probably need to download the latest version. Apache OpenOffice has been 64 bit for MacOS for awhile. Make sure you read and follow all the release notes so that you can successfully negotiate the Gatekeeper. ONLY download from: https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 23, 2020, at 12:58 PM, Laura Shook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have been using OpenOffice for years now and love it.  However I have just installed Catalina onto my new MacBook Air and I am so disappointed to see I can no longer use it.  Could you explain if there is a version that will work with Catalina, if so how do I get it and use it, I am not a computer technical person so a very basic answer is good.  My home number is 250 5398079 if you need to call.  Thanks so much Laura

Re: Mac compatibility

Steven Ahlers
Forwarding from OP

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 23, 2020, at 1:35 PM, Laura Shook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Thanks so much it all worked i appreciate  your help
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>>> On 23 Jan 2020, at 11:16 am, Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>  Laura,
>>
>> You probably need to download the latest version. Apache OpenOffice has been 64 bit for MacOS for awhile. Make sure you read and follow all the release notes so that you can successfully negotiate the Gatekeeper. ONLY download from: https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jan 23, 2020, at 12:58 PM, Laura Shook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I have been using OpenOffice for years now and love it.  However I have just installed Catalina onto my new MacBook Air and I am so disappointed to see I can no longer use it.  Could you explain if there is a version that will work with Catalina, if so how do I get it and use it, I am not a computer technical person so a very basic answer is good.  My home number is 250 5398079 if you need to call.  Thanks so much Laura

Re: Mac compatibility

chuck ef
Yes, Laura, I am using OO on Catalina.