MacOsX & LayoutManager & macro

Laurent Godard-4
Hi all

i have a macro running and i want to deactivate OOo while it is running,
so that the user can't activate any menu nor click inside the sheet

under windows & linux, it works using
thisComponent.CurrentController.Frame.ContainerWindow.Enable = False

But under macosX, the main menus (File, Edit, ...) are still active

I tried adding
oLayout = ThisComponent.CurrentController.getFrame.LayoutManager
oLayout.HideElement("private:resource/menubar/menubar/")
and it works under linux and  windows, the main menus disappear

But no success under MacOsX i think due to menus detached of the OOo
document window

is there any trick to lock OOo main menu under macOsX ?
(the best would be cross-plateform compatible ;) )

thanks in advance

Laurent

Re: MacOsX & LayoutManager & macro

Mathias Bauer
Hi Laurent,

On 13.09.2010 17:01, Laurent Godard wrote:

> Hi all
>
> i have a macro running and i want to deactivate OOo while it is running,
> so that the user can't activate any menu nor click inside the sheet
>
> under windows&  linux, it works using
> thisComponent.CurrentController.Frame.ContainerWindow.Enable = False
>
> But under macosX, the main menus (File, Edit, ...) are still active
>
> I tried adding
> oLayout = ThisComponent.CurrentController.getFrame.LayoutManager
> oLayout.HideElement("private:resource/menubar/menubar/")
> and it works under linux and  windows, the main menus disappear
>
> But no success under MacOsX i think due to menus detached of the OOo
> document window
>
> is there any trick to lock OOo main menu under macOsX ?
> (the best would be cross-plateform compatible ;) )

When I saw your post some weeks ago, I recognized that I couldn't help,
so I didn't answer and hoped that someone else would step in.

Unfortunately it looks as if noone subscribed to this list can help. My
gut feeling is that it is not possible to disable the Mac menu bar, but
that may be wrong. In case an answer would still help you, I can forward
that to some colleagues that know the Mac better.

Regards,
Mathias

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".

Re: MacOsX & LayoutManager & macro

Laurent Godard-4
Hi Mathias

thanks a lot for your kind answer

i digged further and came to the conclusion that it was a bug of the mac
os X implementation

using macro modal dialog boxes, the problem still exists.
The document window is locked, but the menu bar remains active

I think this should be adressed because may disturb extensions
developpers (more than disturbing me ;) )

Thanks a lot again

Laurent