Maintenance of dictionaries that are part of OOo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Maintenance of dictionaries that are part of OOo

Mathias Bauer
Hi,

some dictionaries are commiterd into the OOo repository as part of the
"dictionaries" module. I wonder who feels responsible for them and if
patches we received should be sent to someone or if we can just go ahead
and apply them.

Opinions, anyone?

Ciao,
Mathias

--
Mathias Bauer (mba) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Writer
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".
I use it for the OOo lists and only rarely read other mails sent to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maintenance of dictionaries that are part of OOo

Laurent Godard-3
Hi Mathias,

Sorry for my silence. Hope to have more time at the beginning of july

> some dictionaries are commiterd into the OOo repository as part of the
> "dictionaries" module. I wonder who feels responsible for them and if
> patches we received should be sent to someone or if we can just go ahead
> and apply them.
>

I maintain the external ones. (in fact contrinutors give me the files i
put on the master repository)

I've no up to date co of the cvs in order to commit something but may
start re-packaging the dictionaries.

Moreover, i'm ust finishing a rough tool that let me add and remove
words of the dictionary list using munch and munch tools for MySpell
(do we have something equivalent for Hunspell ?)

> Opinions, anyone?
>

So, in about 2 weeks i may have some few extra time
(but will also have to focus on dictionary paths, need to respond on the
issue)

Btw, if someone wants to take care of the CWS, i volunteer to operate
the word list (if MySpell)

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org -
http://www.indesko.com
Nuxeo Enterprise Content Management >> http://www.nuxeo.com -
http://www.nuxeo.org
Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004-2006

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maintenance of dictionaries that are part of OOo

Mathias Bauer
Hi Laurent,

Laurent Godard schrieb:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> Sorry for my silence. Hope to have more time at the beginning of july
>
>> some dictionaries are commiterd into the OOo repository as part of the
>> "dictionaries" module. I wonder who feels responsible for them and if
>> patches we received should be sent to someone or if we can just go ahead
>> and apply them.
>>
>
> I maintain the external ones. (in fact contrinutors give me the files i
> put on the master repository)

What do you mean by "external" ones? Are you talking about the files in
the OOo module "dictionary"?

Would you mind if I committed some small patches I received to some of
them or do you want to do it yourself?

Ciao,
Mathias

--
Mathias Bauer (mba) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Writer
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".
I use it for the OOo lists and only rarely read other mails sent to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maintenance of dictionaries that are part of OOo

thomas.lange
In reply to this post by Mathias Bauer

Hi all,

Laurent Godard wrote:
...
> Moreover, i'm ust finishing a rough tool that let me add and remove
> words of the dictionary list using munch and munch tools for MySpell
> (do we have something equivalent for Hunspell ?)
>
>> Opinions, anyone?

Lazlo should know. I added him to this posting.
I would suspect the tools from MySpell to work since I think the
dictionary format is still the same. But I'm not sure about this.


Thomas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maintenance of dictionaries that are part of OOo

Laurent Godard-3
Hi thomas

> Lazlo should know. I added him to this posting.
> I would suspect the tools from MySpell to work since I think the
> dictionary format is still the same. But I'm not sure about this.
>

unfortunately not as the hunspell format is far richer than mySpell one
(eg. recursivity)

Laurent


--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org -
http://www.indesko.com
Nuxeo Enterprise Content Management >> http://www.nuxeo.com -
http://www.nuxeo.org
Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004-2006

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maintenance of dictionaries that are part of OOo

Laurent Godard-3
In reply to this post by Mathias Bauer
Hi

>> I maintain the external ones. (in fact contrinutors give me the files i
>> put on the master repository)
>
> What do you mean by "external" ones? Are you talking about the files in
> the OOo module "dictionary"?
>

no, the ones that are available through DicOOo, located on stardiv

> Would you mind if I committed some small patches I received to some of
> them or do you want to do it yourself?
>

yes please commit
and keep me informed so that i update dicooo

moreover, i noted Laci correction on en_GB
still have to find time to handle this

Thanls

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org -
http://www.indesko.com
Nuxeo Enterprise Content Management >> http://www.nuxeo.com -
http://www.nuxeo.org
Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004-2006

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]