Manual (reference) for StarBasic

Jancs
Hi!

I know it is not relevant to the list, but anyway -

may be someone can give me advice where to look for StarBasic reference?

I need to make cursor (selection) to move around and some simple text
manipulation  (comparison to string aquired )

So, it seems to me being a simple macro and to learn just for such
small task all those com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue etc seems to mee
to big of exageration.

Of course, there allways is MS Word, which Basic is familiar to me.

Janis
--
http://dict.dv.lv

Re: Manual (reference) for StarBasic

Németh László-2
Hi,

Andrew Pitonyak's OpenOffice Macro Document is an excellent and
detailed introduction:

http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.odt (PDF version and other
informations: http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php)

See also http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Macros

László

2009/10/16 Jancs <[hidden email]>:

> Hi!
>
> I know it is not relevant to the list, but anyway -
>
> may be someone can give me advice where to look for StarBasic reference?
>
> I need to make cursor (selection) to move around and some simple text
> manipulation  (comparison to string aquired )
>
> So, it seems to me being a simple macro and to learn just for such small
> task all those com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue etc seems to mee to big of
> exageration.
>
> Of course, there allways is MS Word, which Basic is familiar to me.
>
> Janis
> --
> http://dict.dv.lv

Re: Manual (reference) for StarBasic

Olivier Hallot
I think I know what you want and I have the same need.

OO API is extremely "granular" and a simple task requires extensive
object gathering and knowledge, which is time comsuming if you have to
browse books and user guides, and that awfull SDK documentation.
Besides, the OO IDE does not "autocomplete" objects like Eclipse or
Netbeans.

Xray macro is handy, but you have to inspect the objects on running a
piece of code to get all Properties, methods etc... of your object. It
is a half-way solution

At the moment I feel the need of a printed StarBasic quick reference, of
the main API objects... Any pointers welcome.

Olivier

--
Olivier Hallot
OpenOffice.org L10N project leader for Brazil

Re: Manual (reference) for StarBasic

Németh László-2
Hi,

I suggest to combine the referred documentation (see my previous
letter) and macro recording feature of OpenOffice.org. Checking the
source of the recorded macro could give complete solution for a
missing step. I have used this method successfully to implement a
possible method for the Numbertext Calc extension to support simple
insertion and modification of numbers and their non-digit
representation in OOo Writer. The following Writer document contain a
text field, if you click on it, a number will be asked and the active
text field replaced by a new one showing the number and the output of
the Numbertext conversion:

http://numbertext.org/numbertextwriter.odt

(First, you have to install the Numbertext extension:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/numbertext. It is
only a test: Maybe the final solution will use smart tags:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Smart_Tags. Also the language
of the translation has been fixed in the attached macro of the
document, yet).

László