Many manual test cases now available

Kay Schenk-2
Many of the old TestLink test cases are now available (along with others)
from the QA web area --

https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/index.html

We could certainly use some feedback on them with respect to:

* usefulness -- what to keep, what to discard
* organization -- can you help with organizing these cases into categories
* clarity -- are the instruction understandable, etc.

More former TestLink cases will be ported soon.

There are other older cases available from this area as well.

Happy testing!

MzK

"Less is MORE."

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

Thats very great!

Thanks for your work

More details later

we should post it also to [hidden email]

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Kay Schenk-2
Happy to help!

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 10:06 PM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thats very great!
>
> Thanks for your work
>
> More details later
>
> we should post it also to [hidden email]
>
> Kind regards
>

> Am 19.04.2018 um 00:22 schrieb Kay Schenk:
> > Many of the old TestLink test cases are now available (along with others)
> > from the QA web area --
> >
> > https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/index.html
> >
> > We could certainly use some feedback on them with respect to:
> >
> > * usefulness -- what to keep, what to discard
> > * organization -- can you help with organizing these cases into
> categories
> > * clarity -- are the instruction understandable, etc.
> >
> > More former TestLink cases will be ported soon.
> >
> > There are other older cases available from this area as well.
> >
> > Happy testing!
> >

> --
> Mechtilde Stehmann
> ## Apache OpenOffice
> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
> ## Debian Developer
> ## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
> ## PGP encryption welcome
> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

MzK

"Less is MORE."

Many manual test cases now available

Keith N. McKenna
On 4/18/2018 6:22 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> Many of the old TestLink test cases are now available (along with others)
> from the QA web area --
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/index.html
>
> We could certainly use some feedback on them with respect to:
>
> * usefulness -- what to keep, what to discard
> * organization -- can you help with organizing these cases into categories
I think the first level of organization should be by application
(Writer, Calc, etc).  After that It will depend on how we want to use
them.My preference would be to break them down into finer grained units
that people could volunteer to execute.

Regards
Keith
> * clarity -- are the instruction understandable, etc.
>
> More former TestLink cases will be ported soon.
>
> There are other older cases available from this area as well.
>
> Happy testing!

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Parul Sanghi
How to unsubscribe from the mailing list?
thanks
Parul

On 04/24/2018 03:25 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

> On 4/18/2018 6:22 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Many of the old TestLink test cases are now available (along with others)
>> from the QA web area --
>>
>> https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/index.html
>>
>> We could certainly use some feedback on them with respect to:
>>
>> * usefulness -- what to keep, what to discard
>> * organization -- can you help with organizing these cases into categories
> I think the first level of organization should be by application
> (Writer, Calc, etc).  After that It will depend on how we want to use
> them.My preference would be to break them down into finer grained units
> that people could volunteer to execute.
>
> Regards
> Keith
Organizing the cases with respect to AOO module -- Writer, Calc, etc. --
sounds ideal.

Do we have any ideas for how to perform this classification?

On 4/25/2018 3:59 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 04/24/2018 03:25 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> On 4/18/2018 6:22 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> <snip>
I think the first level of organization should be by application

>> (Writer, Calc, etc).  After that It will depend on how we want to use
>> them.My preference would be to break them down into finer grained units
>> that people could volunteer to execute.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
> Organizing the cases with respect to AOO module -- Writer, Calc, etc. --
> sounds ideal.
>
> Do we have any ideas for how to perform this classification?
What I have done with the Impress ones was to use the same folder
structure as that used on the TestLink site. that way I can fit them
into whatever structure we decide upon. At this point you would either
have to open every file and hope the description either tells you are
can be easily derived, or manually go through the directory structure on
the TestLink site and match the test numbers.

I believe that a deeper level of granularity is needed that just the
application.

Regards
Keith
<snip>

On 05/02/2018 11:05 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

> On 4/25/2018 3:59 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> On 04/24/2018 03:25 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>>> On 4/18/2018 6:22 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> <snip>
> I think the first level of organization should be by application
>>> (Writer, Calc, etc).  After that It will depend on how we want to use
>>> them.My preference would be to break them down into finer grained units
>>> that people could volunteer to execute.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith
>> Organizing the cases with respect to AOO module -- Writer, Calc, etc. --
>> sounds ideal.
>>
>> Do we have any ideas for how to perform this classification?
> What I have done with the Impress ones was to use the same folder
> structure as that used on the TestLink site. that way I can fit them
> into whatever structure we decide upon. At this point you would either
> have to open every file and hope the description either tells you are
> can be easily derived, or manually go through the directory structure on
> the TestLink site and match the test numbers.
That's great Keith. I realize now in hindsight that I should have done
this as well. :(
I can go back and do this but it will take some time given my current
personal schedule.

Would it be possible for you to set up an area under --
https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/ManualTesting/

and just use your structure so we can take a look?

On 5/3/2018 12:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 05/02/2018 11:05 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> I think the first level of organization should be by application

>>> Organizing the cases with respect to AOO module -- Writer, Calc, etc. --
>>> sounds ideal.
>>>
>>> Do we have any ideas for how to perform this classification?
>> What I have done with the Impress ones was to use the same folder
>> structure as that used on the TestLink site. that way I can fit them
>> into whatever structure we decide upon. At this point you would either
>> have to open every file and hope the description either tells you are
>> can be easily derived, or manually go through the directory structure on
>> the TestLink site and match the test numbers.
> That's great Keith. I realize now in hindsight that I should have done
> this as well. :(
> I can go back and do this but it will take some time given my current
> personal schedule.
>
> Would it be possible for you to set up an area under --
> https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/ManualTesting/
>
> and just use your structure so we can take a look?
Kay;
I can do that later in the week, but understand that the structure was
somewhat different for each application depending on the internals of
the application. For example Impress has a lot of tests for different
type of animations where I do not believe Writer uses them much at all.

I will try to comit my Impress structure later in the week. I am busy
with Dr. appointments the bigining of the week.

Regards
Keith

>> I believe that a deeper level of granularity is needed that just the
>> application.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
>> <snip>

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Kay Schenk-2
On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 5/3/2018 12:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> >> I think the first level of organization should be by application
> units

> --

> >> What I have done with the Impress ones was to use the same folder
> >> structure as that used on the TestLink site. that way I can fit them
> >> into whatever structure we decide upon. At this point you would either
> >> have to open every file and hope the description either tells you are
> >> can be easily derived, or manually go through the directory structure on
> >> the TestLink site and match the test numbers.
> > That's great Keith. I realize now in hindsight that I should have done
> > this as well. :(
> > I can go back and do this but it will take some time given my current
> > personal schedule.
> >
> > Would it be possible for you to set up an area under --
> > https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/ManualTesting/
> >
> > and just use your structure so we can take a look?
> Kay;
> I can do that later in the week, but understand that the structure was
> somewhat different for each application depending on the internals of
> the application. For example Impress has a lot of tests for different
> type of animations where I do not believe Writer uses them much at all.

​The organizational structure used for the test case setup seemed mostly to
be dependent on what the QA folks thought needed to be tested at the time
which is why ​

​I didn't put all that much effort into keeping it the way it was on
TestLInk.

> I will try to comit my Impress structure later in the week. I am busy
> with Dr. appointments the bigining of the week.

​Sounds good!

> Regards
> Keith
> >
> >> I believe that a deeper level of granularity is needed that just the
> >> application.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Keith
> >> <snip>