Many manual test cases now available

12

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Matthias Seidel
Am 12.06.2018 um 00:32 schrieb Kay Schenk:
> Thanks Matthias. I see we are now back to "Forbidden" . Oh well. Fix coming
> soon.

One thing I do often while using the CMS is to hit the "update" button.
Otherwise what you see not that what you get! ;-)

> _______________________
> Sent from MzK's phone.
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 14:23 Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I have now submitted the deletion of the index.html.
>>
>> I don't know why it didn't work for you...
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Matthias

>> things
>> file

>> them.

>>> From what I can see right now, #1 is not a problem. When I did an svn
>>> update, everything cam through OK.
>>>
>>> On the other (my) issue about index.html NOT being removed. I did verify
>>> on staging that the index.html had been removed reverting to the
>>> "default" setup on that server of just displaying a file listing, before
>>> I did the publish. In any case, maybe just as well the index.html is
>>> STILL there in production otherwise we may have gotten teh "forbidden"
>>> message for the whole directory.
>>>
>>> I should have time to make changes to accommodate directory structures
>>> in the index generation script, in:
>>>

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts/auto-index.sh
>>> in the next day or so. Since we have no dynamic mechanisms available for
>>> dynamic server-side page generation, the index will need to be
>>> regenerated whenever changes are made to this area.

>> add

>> when

>> creation

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Keith N. McKenna
On 6/11/2018 5:09 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 09:24 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> On 6/9/2018 1:20 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> Keith, short update -- see below
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> ​This deletion did not seem to "take" in publishing. So, for now, things
>>> look as they did. Your new Impress area is there, but the index.html file
>>> needs to be regenerated.
>> On further study there may be a couple of mistakes on my part due to my
>> unfamiliarity with SVN that may have contributed to this problem.
>>
>>  1. I did not do a specific add of the directories before committing them.
>>  2. I use Tortoise SVN and I vaguely remember something about the repos
>>     having difficulty with Windows line endings
>>
>>  If either of these could be contributing I can do the add for the
>> directories and try the commit again. Also Tortoise SVN  now has an EOL
>> property that also to specifically set the EOL type to be used. I can
>> also try setting those directories to specifically use Linux EOL's if
>> y'all think that might help.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
> From what I can see right now, #1 is not a problem. When I did an svn
> update, everything cam through OK.
The only potential downfall is that even after an SVN update they are
still showing as unversioned in my working copy. As the initial commit
was only to evaluate a more detailed structure it isn't a problem for now.

Keith

> On the other (my) issue about index.html NOT being removed. I did verify
> on staging that the index.html had been removed reverting to the
> "default" setup on that server of just displaying a file listing, before
> I did the publish. In any case, maybe just as well the index.html is
> STILL there in production otherwise we may have gotten teh "forbidden"
> message for the whole directory.
>
> I should have time to make changes to accommodate directory structures
> in the index generation script, in:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts/auto-index.sh
>
> in the next day or so. Since we have no dynamic mechanisms available for
> dynamic server-side page generation, the index will need to be
> regenerated whenever changes are made to this area.
>

>>> ​

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Kay Schenk-2
Hi again...see below

On 06/12/2018 08:50 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

> On 6/11/2018 5:09 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

>>> On further study there may be a couple of mistakes on my part due to my
>>> unfamiliarity with SVN that may have contributed to this problem.
>>>
>>>  1. I did not do a specific add of the directories before committing them.
>>>  2. I use Tortoise SVN and I vaguely remember something about the repos
>>>     having difficulty with Windows line endings
>>>
>>>  If either of these could be contributing I can do the add for the
>>> directories and try the commit again. Also Tortoise SVN  now has an EOL
>>> property that also to specifically set the EOL type to be used. I can
>>> also try setting those directories to specifically use Linux EOL's if
>>> y'all think that might help.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith
>> From what I can see right now, #1 is not a problem. When I did an svn
>> update, everything cam through OK.

> The only potential downfall is that even after an SVN update they are
> still showing as unversioned in my working copy. As the initial commit
> was only to evaluate a more detailed structure it isn't a problem for now.
>
> Keith

hmmm...well the Impress directory itself is NOT showing up on the
staging server, so this IS a problem. You just need to add the
directories themselves to svn and commit.

I'm finding that adding the directories to the index script is not as
simple as I thought it would be, but I am working on it. (grrr! why does
stuff work on the command line but not inside a script!) My time is
quite limited for the rest of the week, so maybe in a week or so.

Take care.

>> On the other (my) issue about index.html NOT being removed. I did verify
>> on staging that the index.html had been removed reverting to the
>> "default" setup on that server of just displaying a file listing, before
>> I did the publish. In any case, maybe just as well the index.html is
>> STILL there in production otherwise we may have gotten teh "forbidden"
>> message for the whole directory.
>>
>> I should have time to make changes to accommodate directory structures
>> in the index generation script, in:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts/auto-index.sh
>>
>> in the next day or so. Since we have no dynamic mechanisms available for
>> dynamic server-side page generation, the index will need to be
>> regenerated whenever changes are made to this area.

MzK

"Less is MORE."

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Keith N. McKenna
Response inline

On 6/17/2018 5:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> Hi again...see below
>
> On 06/12/2018 08:50 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

>>> From what I can see right now, #1 is not a problem. When I did an svn
>>> update, everything cam through OK.
>> The only potential downfall is that even after an SVN update they are
>> still showing as unversioned in my working copy. As the initial commit
>> was only to evaluate a more detailed structure it isn't a problem for now.
>>
>> Keith
> hmmm...well the Impress directory itself is NOT showing up on the
> staging server, so this IS a problem. You just need to add the
> directories themselves to svn and commit.
>
> I'm finding that adding the directories to the index script is not as
> simple as I thought it would be, but I am working on it. (grrr! why does
> stuff work on the command line but not inside a script!) My time is
> quite limited for the rest of the week, so maybe in a week or so.
>
> Take care.
> Kay;
Just got home from a motorcycle ride to my better half's. Will do the
add and re-commit after I do dishes.

Take Care
Keith

>>> On the other (my) issue about index.html NOT being removed. I did verify
>>> on staging that the index.html had been removed reverting to the
>>> "default" setup on that server of just displaying a file listing, before
>>> I did the publish. In any case, maybe just as well the index.html is
>>> STILL there in production otherwise we may have gotten teh "forbidden"
>>> message for the whole directory.
>>>
>>> I should have time to make changes to accommodate directory structures
>>> in the index generation script, in:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts/auto-index.sh
>>>
>>> in the next day or so. Since we have no dynamic mechanisms available for
>>> dynamic server-side page generation, the index will need to be
>>> regenerated whenever changes are made to this area.

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Keith N. McKenna
Hi again Kay... see below....

On 6/17/2018 5:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> Hi again...see below
>
> On 06/12/2018 08:50 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

I added and committed the directories. The Impress directory and one
sub-directory  did show up in the staging area. I believe the reason was
that the sub-directory did have some files in it whereas the other did
not.  However when published it once again get the You don't have
permission to access /QA/testcase/ManualTesting/ on this server. It is
however still fine on the staging area.

Regards
Keith

>>> On the other (my) issue about index.html NOT being removed. I did verify
>>> on staging that the index.html had been removed reverting to the
>>> "default" setup on that server of just displaying a file listing, before
>>> I did the publish. In any case, maybe just as well the index.html is
>>> STILL there in production otherwise we may have gotten teh "forbidden"
>>> message for the whole directory.
>>>
>>> I should have time to make changes to accommodate directory structures
>>> in the index generation script, in:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts/auto-index.sh
>>>
>>> in the next day or so. Since we have no dynamic mechanisms available for
>>> dynamic server-side page generation, the index will need to be
>>> regenerated whenever changes are made to this area.

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Kay Schenk-2
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi again Kay... see below....
>
> On 6/17/2018 5:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> > Hi again...see below

> does

> I added and committed the directories. The Impress directory and one
> sub-directory  did show up in the staging area. I believe the reason was
> that the sub-directory did have some files in it whereas the other did
> not.  However when published it once again get the You don't have
> permission to access /QA/testcase/ManualTesting/ on this server. It is
> however still fine on the staging area.
>
> Regards
> Keith

​Keith --
Looks good now, and thanks again for all your work. I'm hoping I can get
back on the index project over the coming weekend.

Take care.

> verify
> before

> scripts/auto-index.sh