Maven Release Bundles of Java UNO jars

Carl Marcum
Hi All,

Just an FYI that I'm finally circling back to this and would like to
work to include in the build process of the UNO jars, the building of
the additional javadoc and source jars and gpg signing required in the
release of the UNO jar libraries on the Apache Nexus repository for use
in Maven, Gradle, etc. external project builds.

The current manual process is described here [1].

This goal of this effort would be that when we vote to approve an AOO
release that the Bundle Jar is included and would require no further
work or votes other than submitting it to Nexus.

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Java/MavenBundles

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns.

Best regards,
Carl

Re: Maven Release Bundles of Java UNO jars

Matthias Seidel
Hi Carl,

Am 01.03.20 um 18:54 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> Hi All,
>
> Just an FYI that I'm finally circling back to this and would like to
> work to include in the build process of the UNO jars, the building of
> the additional javadoc and source jars and gpg signing required in the
> release of the UNO jar libraries on the Apache Nexus repository for
> use in Maven, Gradle, etc. external project builds.
>
> The current manual process is described here [1].
>
> This goal of this effort would be that when we vote to approve an AOO
> release that the Bundle Jar is included and would require no further
> work or votes other than submitting it to Nexus.
+1

Even if I don't understand everything there, it would be good to have
updated UNO jars.

Would that require to be integrated in the build process?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

On 3/2/20 9:43 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Am 01.03.20 um 18:54 schrieb Carl Marcum:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just an FYI that I'm finally circling back to this and would like to
>> work to include in the build process of the UNO jars, the building of
>> the additional javadoc and source jars and gpg signing required in the
>> release of the UNO jar libraries on the Apache Nexus repository for
>> use in Maven, Gradle, etc. external project builds.
>>
>> The current manual process is described here [1].
>>
>> This goal of this effort would be that when we vote to approve an AOO
>> release that the Bundle Jar is included and would require no further
>> work or votes other than submitting it to Nexus.
> +1
>
> Even if I don't understand everything there, it would be good to have
> updated UNO jars.
>
> Would that require to be integrated in the build process?
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Yes I would like to do as much of the process as possible during the build.

I'm just getting into it an may have questions for those more familiar
with it.

It seems we use Ant to package the primary jars already.

The Apache Nexus artifact library has some requirements that I did
manually in the past.
Include jars of the java source code used to compile them (where
available) and jars of the javadoc documentation
(where available). In cases where there is none or missing source that
needs noted in a readme in the jar files for them.
Each set of these jars need gpg signed and then packaged in a Bundle jar
that includes the library, source, and javadoc jars and signature files.
These get uploaded to Nexus.

I think I can add the needed Ant tasks to get the additional work done.
One thing I'm not clear on yet is where the Ant tasks get called from
but I just started looking.

Also some question on how to gpg sign files during the build but like I
said.  just starting.

I'm doing the work on my own github fork and when I've got something
working, I can do a pull request since the build system isn't exactly my
realm :)

Best regards,
Carl

Re: Maven Release Bundles of Java UNO jars

Peter Kovacs-3
AFAIK you have to check. If there is an Mk-file Damjan has migrated the module to gbuild which calls ant. You see the call in the mk file.
In case it is managed by dmake I am not sure how it is called.

In future, if successful, we will call ant from SCONs I think. Currently this is in Prototype state.

On 3/3/20 2:25 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> AFAIK you have to check. If there is an Mk-file Damjan has migrated the module to gbuild which calls ant. You see the call in the mk file.
> In case it is managed by dmake I am not sure how it is called.
>
> In future, if successful, we will call ant from SCONs I think. Currently this is in Prototype state.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info!

Besr regards,
Carl