Microsoft hack

Laurence Petch
Just had wi-fi fitted to housing hooked up okay next day took 2 hours to
open laptop then found all open office docs had windows icons. Edit has
been. changed and in edit paint cannot cut & paste. Contacted Microsoft UK
they ignored me tried email to USA silly reply so reported to FBI Cyber
Crimes they hacked a foreign nationals computer. Has this happened before?
Why is there no physical mailing address for Apache Open Office? I prefer
real letter s.

Re: Microsoft hack

Peter Kovacs-3

Am 02.08.20 um 10:59 schrieb Laurence Petch:
> Just had wi-fi fitted to housing hooked up okay next day took 2 hours to
> open laptop then found all open office docs had windows icons. Edit has
> been. changed and in edit paint cannot cut & paste.

I am not sure, but sounds like your computer has lost some configuration.

I would check if calling the application and open the documentation
still works.

If this is fine I would check if the file association is still okay.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000572.htm

It is hard to tell from the view words you have used what really is
going on your system.

> Contacted Microsoft UK
> they ignored me tried email to USA silly reply so reported to FBI Cyber
> Crimes they hacked a foreign nationals computer. Has this happened before?
> Why is there no physical mailing address for Apache Open Office? I prefer
> real letter s.

I do not believe we have enough funds to support physical mail as
distribution line.

We are a community driven project for the public good. We aim for a cost
free infrastructure towards our users. Everything that we have to pay
for is funded through donations.

I think if you are more of a physical person you should look for
physical help. Maybe in the nearest computer store they might offer you
a support service for some money.