Microsoft word has hijacked my docs

Vanessa Harvie

Hi ,

I have been using your Open Office 4.1.3 after a friend who works in IT downloaded it for me. All was well until I used a free trial period on Microsoft Word to read a document sent to me by someone. It as the only way to read it. Then a few weeks ago all my documents suddenly converted to Word docs and I can’t use them, alter them etc without paying a subscription. I have contacted Microsoft who say they cannot help. ....even though as I pointed out to them they have essentially stolen MY documents. It is outrageous. Is there some way to change them back to Open Office?

Many thanks.

Regards, Vanessa
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
https://www.avg.com

Re: Microsoft word has hijacked my docs

Alan Pearce-2
Right click on the document in File Manager and choose Open With. You will then be given a choice of which programme to use to open the document.
Hope this helps,Alan.

https://www.avg.com

RE: Microsoft word has hijacked my docs

Vanessa Harvie
Hi Alan,

Gosh people are kind. I didn’t realise this was a user group when I emailed. I had an email from another kind man and am happy to say I have resolved the matter and have got all my docs back as Open docs. Yippee.

Thanks so much for taking the time.

All best, Vanessa