Migration of private list and authorizations

Migration of private list and authorizations

Andrea Pescetti-2
Just a brief note to tell everybody that the private mailing list (only
used for discussions about individuals and trademarks) has now been
migrated to [hidden email] ; the list membership has been
updated too, to reflect the PMC membership as listed in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Resolution+(draft)

This means that we can now restart voting and inviting committers.

Authorization groups for PMC members and committers have been updated too.

The PMC group, as far as I know, is only used to access archives of the
new private mailing list, so it's not particularly important.

The committers group, instead, is used to check write access to the
OpenOffice SVN repositories; we added everybody listed at
http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo but if you find
out you have access problems when the repositories are migrated (which
is scheduled to happen soon, depending on Infra availability) please let
us know: everyone should maintain exactly the privileges they have now
on the "incubator" SVN repositories.

You can follow the post-graduation migration progress at
http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Migration of private list and authorizations

jan iversen
HI.

Will we get a brief tutorial, once the SVN is moved, on how to migrate the
local SVN/Git copy, without having to download it all again ?

Jan.

jan iversen wrote:
> Will we get a brief tutorial, once the SVN is moved, on how to migrate the
> local SVN/Git copy, without having to download it all again ?

It's a simple svn switch command and yes, we will share it on ooo-dev so
that all committers can align their working copies.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Migration of private list and authorizations

imacat
On 2012/11/04 10:41, Andrea Pescetti said:

> Just a brief note to tell everybody that the private mailing list (only
> used for discussions about individuals and trademarks) has now been
> migrated to [hidden email] ; the list membership has been
> updated too, to reflect the PMC membership as listed in
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Resolution+(draft)
>

> This means that we can now restart voting and inviting committers.
>
> Authorization groups for PMC members and committers have been updated too.
>
> The PMC group, as far as I know, is only used to access archives of the
> new private mailing list, so it's not particularly important.
>
> The committers group, instead, is used to check write access to the
> OpenOffice SVN repositories; we added everybody listed at
> http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo but if you find
> out you have access problems when the repositories are migrated (which
> is scheduled to happen soon, depending on Infra availability) please let
> us know: everyone should maintain exactly the privileges they have now
> on the "incubator" SVN repositories.
>
> You can follow the post-graduation migration progress at
> http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes
    Thanks for the hard work. ^_*'

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <[hidden email]>

OpenOffice http://www.openoffice.org/
Greenfoot Taiwan http://greenfoot.westart.tw/

Re: Migration of private list and authorizations

Kay Schenk-2
Hi Andrea, all --

I was looking into what changes might need to be done to the web sites
with these move changes, and noticed that the source svn move has ot
occurred yet, and, well, ISSUE-5417, regarding some of this seems to be
closed now pending some LDAP changes.

Does this need to be reopened now given other changes you've already made?

On 11/04/2012 05:36 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> jan iversen wrote:
>> Will we get a brief tutorial, once the SVN is moved, on how to migrate
>> the
>> local SVN/Git copy, without having to download it all again ?
>
> It's a simple svn switch command and yes, we will share it on ooo-dev so
> that all committers can align their working copies.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

MzK

  dealt with a cat."
                                -- Robert Heinlein

Kay Schenk wrote:
> ISSUE-5417, regarding some of this seems to be
> closed now pending some LDAP changes.
> Does this need to be reopened now given other changes you've already made?

Actually it's open, or at least it is now. LDAP changes are indeed done
(and they are the "authorization groups" I was mentioning), so the
repository relocation can now be scheduled by Infra. As usual, to know
what has been done and what is pending, see
http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 11/04/2012 03:05 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Kay Schenk wrote:
>> ISSUE-5417, regarding some of this seems to be
>> closed now pending some LDAP changes.
>> Does this need to be reopened now given other changes you've already
>> made?
>
> Actually it's open, or at least it is now. LDAP changes are indeed done
> (and they are the "authorization groups" I was mentioning),

OK, that's what I thought. You seem to have gotten right on all of this!
  So, I was just a bit confused by this one.

  so the
> repository relocation can now be scheduled by Infra. As usual, to know
> what has been done and what is pending, see
> http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes

Yep! I've been monitoring this!

> Regards,
>    Andrea.

MzK

  dealt with a cat."
                                -- Robert Heinlein

Re: Migration of private list and authorizations

Juan C. Sanz
El 05/11/2012 0:05, Andrea Pescetti escribió:

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>> ISSUE-5417, regarding some of this seems to be
>> closed now pending some LDAP changes.
>> Does this need to be reopened now given other changes you've already
>> made?
>
> Actually it's open, or at least it is now. LDAP changes are indeed
> done (and they are the "authorization groups" I was mentioning), so
> the repository relocation can now be scheduled by Infra. As usual, to
> know what has been done and what is pending, see
> http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

As far as I can see the status is Closed
Regards
Juan Carlos

Re: Migration of private list and authorizations

Dave Fisher
The issue has been reopened.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2012, at 3:44 PM, "Juan C. Sanz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 05/11/2012 0:05, Andrea Pescetti escribió:
>> Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> ISSUE-5417, regarding some of this seems to be
>>> closed now pending some LDAP changes.
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5417
>>> Does this need to be reopened now given other changes you've already made?
>>
>> Actually it's open, or at least it is now. LDAP changes are indeed done (and they are the "authorization groups" I was mentioning), so the repository relocation can now be scheduled by Infra. As usual, to know what has been done and what is pending, see
>> http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Andrea.
>>

> As far as I can see the status is Closed
> Regards
> Juan Carlos

Re: Migration of private list and authorizations

Louis Suárez-Potts-3
Andera, et al.,

On 12-11-04, at 14:04 , imacat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2012/11/04 10:41, Andrea Pescetti said:
>> Just a brief note to tell everybody that the private mailing list (only
>> used for discussions about individuals and trademarks) has now been
>> migrated to [hidden email] ; the list membership has been
>> updated too, to reflect the PMC membership as listed in
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Resolution+(draft)
>>

>> This means that we can now restart voting and inviting committers.
>>
>> Authorization groups for PMC members and committers have been updated too.
>>
>> The PMC group, as far as I know, is only used to access archives of the
>> new private mailing list, so it's not particularly important.
>>
>> The committers group, instead, is used to check write access to the
>> OpenOffice SVN repositories; we added everybody listed at
>> http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo but if you find
>> out you have access problems when the repositories are migrated (which
>> is scheduled to happen soon, depending on Infra availability) please let
>> us know: everyone should maintain exactly the privileges they have now
>> on the "incubator" SVN repositories.
>>
>> You can follow the post-graduation migration progress at
>> http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes
>
>    Thanks for the hard work. ^_*'

Yes, thanks. Things are becoming clearer and better—and much is owed to your drive in getting these done.

>> Regards,
>>  Andrea.
>

> --
> Best regards,