Mistake in Russian localization while opening document

Mistake in Russian localization while opening document

Артём
Hello!

I  found  a  mistake  in  Russian  localization  in current OpenOffice
release  4.1.7.  When  you open existing document and wait a couple of
seconds  when  it reading, in the right of status bar you can see text
"Загрузить  документ".  There  is  incorrect  form  and  right will be
like "Документ загружается" or "Документ открывается".

Could  you please fix it or maybe you already have done this preparing
for next release. Thank you!

P.S.:  By  the way, how can I obtain account in Pootle for fix this by
myself?

Re: Mistake in Russian localization while opening document

Matthias Seidel

Hi,

You're welcome!

Am 23.05.20 um 15:19 schrieb Артём:
Hello!

I  found  a  mistake  in  Russian  localization  in current OpenOffice
release  4.1.7.  When  you open existing document and wait a couple of
seconds  when  it reading, in the right of status bar you can see text
"Загрузить  документ".  There  is  incorrect  form  and  right will be
like "Документ загружается" or "Документ открывается".

Could  you please fix it or maybe you already have done this preparing
for next release. Thank you!

P.S.:  By  the way, how can I obtain account in Pootle for fix this by
myself?

If you want to help translation please follow the steps described here to get a Pootle account:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Registration_and_Login

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Mistake in Russian localization while opening document

Артём
I  have been registered in Pootle. I have another one question. I have
found 3 strings with same translations in Pootle. How can I know which
one  of  them  is  what I need? Is it possible without browsing source
code?

Thank you.

---------------------------------
23 мая 2020 г. 16:48:02 от Matthias Seidel [hidden email]:
> Hi,

> You're welcome!

> Am 23.05.20 um 15:19 schrieb Артём:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I  found  a  mistake  in  Russian  localization  in current OpenOffice
>> release  4.1.7.  When  you open existing document and wait a couple of
>> seconds  when  it reading, in the right of status bar you can see text
>> "Загрузить  документ".  There  is  incorrect  form  and  right will be
>> like "Документ загружается" or "Документ открывается".
>>
>> Could  you please fix it or maybe you already have done this preparing
>> for next release. Thank you!
>>
>> P.S.:  By  the way, how can I obtain account in Pootle for fix this by
>> myself?

> If you want to help translation please follow the steps described here
> to get a Pootle account:

> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Registration_and_Login

> Regards,

>    Matthias

Re: Mistake in Russian localization while opening document

Matthias Seidel
Hi Artem,

Am 24.05.20 um 14:09 schrieb Артём:
> I  have been registered in Pootle. I have another one question. I have
> found 3 strings with same translations in Pootle. How can I know which
> one  of  them  is  what I need? Is it possible without browsing source
> code?

Yes, that can be tricky... A look at the source code can give clarity.

But often one can already "guess" the occurrence of a string by looking
at the location referenced.
In this case all 3 would be possible candidates.

For reasons of uniformity I would suggest to change all three.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Thank you.
>
> ---------------------------------
> 23 мая 2020 г. 16:48:02 от Matthias Seidel [hidden email]:
>> Hi,
>> You're welcome!
>> Am 23.05.20 um 15:19 schrieb Артём:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I  found  a  mistake  in  Russian  localization  in current OpenOffice
>>> release  4.1.7.  When  you open existing document and wait a couple of
>>> seconds  when  it reading, in the right of status bar you can see text
>>> "Загрузить  документ".  There  is  incorrect  form  and  right will be
>>> like "Документ загружается" or "Документ открывается".
>>>
>>> Could  you please fix it or maybe you already have done this preparing
>>> for next release. Thank you!
>>>
>>> P.S.:  By  the way, how can I obtain account in Pootle for fix this by
>>> myself?
>> If you want to help translation please follow the steps described here
>> to get a Pootle account:
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Registration_and_Login
>> Regards,
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Mistake in Russian localization while opening document

Артём
> For reasons of uniformity I would suggest to change all three.
I  think,  it`s  needed  to change only one of them, because other
used in other context.

Seems that needed string is this one: https://translate.apache.org/ru/aoo40/translate/sd/source/core.po#unit=13632327
And I think this line of code
https://github.com/apache/openoffice/blob/273865e5126901b006a2c544dc73456b0510afee/main/sc/source/filter/inc/fprogressbar.hxx#L220
responsible  for  drawing  string  in status bar left of the progress
bar.  But  STR_LOAD_DOC also used in several other files and may be it
will better to add new string identifier?

By  the  way, I found that OpenOffice Calc use different loading string rather
than Word, and in Calc it`s correct.
String in Calc: https://translate.apache.org/ru/translate/#search=%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B7%D0%BA%D0%B0%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0...&sfields=source,target&unit=13634482&offset=0
String in Word: https://translate.apache.org/ru/translate/#search=%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B7%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%8C%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82&sfields=source,target

P.S.:  I do not have installed other packages except Calc and Word, so
unfortunately can`t check translations in them.

---------------------------------
24 мая 2020 г. 16:34:42 от Matthias Seidel [hidden email]:

Am 25.05.20 um 19:06 schrieb Артём:
>> For reasons of uniformity I would suggest to change all three.
> I  think,  it`s  needed  to change only one of them, because other
> used in other context.
>
> Seems that needed string is this one: https://translate.apache.org/ru/aoo40/translate/sd/source/core.po#unit=13632327

I rather think it is this one for Writer:
https://translate.apache.org/ru/aoo40/translate/sfx2/source/doc.po#unit=13634152

And this for Calc:
https://translate.apache.org/ru/aoo40/translate/sc/source/ui/src.po#unit=13628540

(What you found is for Draw = /sd/source)

> And I think this line of code
> https://github.com/apache/openoffice/blob/273865e5126901b006a2c544dc73456b0510afee/main/sc/source/filter/inc/fprogressbar.hxx#L220
> responsible  for  drawing  string  in status bar left of the progress
> bar.  But  STR_LOAD_DOC also used in several other files and may be it
> will better to add new string identifier?
>
> By  the  way, I found that OpenOffice Calc use different loading string rather
> than Word, and in Calc it`s correct.
> String in Calc: https://translate.apache.org/ru/translate/#search=%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B7%D0%BA%D0%B0%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0...&sfields=source,target&unit=13634482&offset=0
This one is for Math.
> String in Word: https://translate.apache.org/ru/translate/#search=%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B7%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%8C%20%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82&sfields=source,target
This is a generic one, I am not sure where it is used.

> P.S.:  I do not have installed other packages except Calc and Word, so
> unfortunately can`t check translations in them.

Why? You do not gain much disk size when you install only parts of the
suite.

Regards,

   Matthias