Multiclipboard failure to paste

Paul Sims Wright
Running under Windows XP Home.  Running OOo 2.0.

I use a multiclipboard program called M8 Multi-Clipboard Version 7.  It
generally works great, except with OOo.  It's buffer fills properly when
I copy from OOo but it will not paste into any OOo document.  I can
paste from it into notepad and then copy and paste from notepad into
OOo.  The multi-clipboard program troubleshooter suggests trying Ctrl-V,
Shift-Ins, and the OOo menu paste command.  None of these work either.
Yes, there is something in the paste buffer because it pastes into other
programs.

The multi-clipboard has a 'form fill' paste function that puts in a Tab
after the text is pasted.  When that is used, the text does not show up
but the tab is pasted into the OOo document.

Does anyone know why this might be and if there is a way around it?

--

----- P a u l -----

Re: Multiclipboard failure to paste

Paul Sims Wright
I sent a copy of my original note about this to the writer of the
software.  Overnight I received 2 messages.  The first described what
the problem was.

"In the meantime, this is the problem:(Two problems actually.)

Whenever you copy something, there isn't one clip put on the clipboard
but several - different formats for different programs.

The first problem is that our clipboard doesn't recognize the OO
private format and so doesn't record it.

The second problem is that when you tell OO to paste our clip and its
private format is missing, it doesn't have the sense to use one of the
other formats!

I'll let you know when I have a fix for our problem, in the meantime,

You can still paste clips fro M8 into OO

1. Click on the clip as normal - nothing goes in.
2. In OO, click Edit- Paste Special and choose any format but the
missing first one."

The second message reported that the fix turned out to be simple and
has been incorporated into the latest version of the software.  And he
sent me a free copy.